1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carmelo Anthony expecting Knicks to resume trade talks, sources say

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by don grahamleone, Jul 15, 2017.

1. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I'd love for us to get Melo for just Ryno but honestly I get why it hasn't happened yet. We're assuming that this deal stalling and Melo getting pissed off only hurts the Knicks but what if it hurts us too? What if Melo sees us as not willing to do what it takes to get him? What if he threatens to remove us from his list or even expand the possible destinations? I just want this to get done already. Don't we have any euro stashes we can throw in lol Llull's never coming anyway

2. DrexlerFan

DrexlerFan Member

You said "I mean it happens plenty of times" when referring to Lillard's shot.

3. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

"NYC is the best city in the world. Free agents will always be interested in playing for the Knicks. Not trading Melo wouldn't change that"

What free agents? You look over at that franchise/Dolan and want no part of it unless you're a Hardaway JR type player and know you can rob them blind.

fyi NYC is overrated as ****, take it from someone who's lived here for 30 years.

4. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Oh, wow.

joshuaao, Reeko, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  5. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Lmao

joshuaao, Reeko, Pen15clubber and 2 others like this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You go from not reading anything into a post, to reading about 8000 lines of invisible ink past it.

Bozo, you need to head back to whatever fan forum you Blazer fans congregate in, because your basketball IQ is not up to par here.

HakeemOnlyFan and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  7. DrexlerFan

DrexlerFan Member

Houston is doing all it can to get Melo but their hands are tied. One option would be for Knicks to buy him out. Then Houston would just need to clear cap space and sign him.

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

he's obviously a knicks fan who joined yesterday lol.

not to throw shade at new york (i haven't been since i was like 9) it's a great city if you have money and can live in manhattan. But you can't objectively say it's the best city in the world.

I personally dug los angeles, tokyo, and the two cities that i've lived in houston/austin more.

if you are about big media markets, night life, and metropolitan epic places than I definitely say los angeles and tokyo are cooler.

#568 Daddy Long Legs, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Stop spouting bullshit and post your sources. The only player the Knicks have mentioned to be interested in is Brandon Knight. Portland is still irrelevant.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

11. DrexlerFan

DrexlerFan Member

You're frustrated, I know. Since you can't make a clear cohesive argument you resort to name calling, I get it, but I know the NBA and its history as well as anyone.

12. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Im pretty appauled that one of your 2 messages from '14 is a post of this gif... wow.

13. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Not to mention, something we've seen most recently with the clippers, lakers, and the knicks... free agents aren't exactly lining up to sign for the "best cities in the world." When's the last time LA or NYC signed a top-tier free agent? Melo, years ago? Yeah, NYC is his hometown too, let's not forget that piece of information.

What's more important to a player is how good an organization is and how they treat their players. And oh yeah, winning absolutely matters.

14. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

2nd Portland Troll Identified

15. DrexlerFan

DrexlerFan Member

16. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Cant tell what he is with that name lol Its a better city to visit imo and I live in Manhattan (could be I'm just tired of 3 decades of living here) I can get why some think its the greatest **** for other stuff you listed, but from a pure NBA standpoint its a laughing stock.

its still overrated to me lol. I miss the **** out of Houston.

BigMaloe, Fyreball, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  17. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

Oh, wait. It got even better.

18. No Chill Rocket

Ehh I mean sure everyone is entitled to their own opinions. You're coming off as a troll or an unrealistic-homer.. 1st..Melo won't become a trailblazer.. 2nd.. Harkless isn't the only player the Knicks are interested in... the deal will get done... with or without Portland.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Bozo is said in jest, because I know you're a teenager who gets overtly angry when proven to be wrong.

Don't worry, bozo, I've been there before.

The only bit of advice I can give you (apart from trying to understand basketball a hell of a lot more than what you do) is to stop when you're already defeated, and not let it snowball like what you're beginning to do now.

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This guy doesn't even look sturdy.

What a waste of potential.