1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andrew Bogut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jacoby, Jul 3, 2017.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

nope - dead.

2. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

The guy passed on Rockets twice in a row. Not that he contributed much on the other teams lol.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Guy was No 1 pick, never lived up to it........ declining.

CP3 and Deron Williams got picked after him. Not a good draft but still some gems.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

would rather have derek fisher than megadouche bogut. ok not really, but i equate him to the levels of fisher, boozer, bruce bowen. there are players you hate, but respect their game. he is not one.

5. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

I'd rather have Ezeli.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

I forgot the idiots name that posted Bogut was clearly better than Nene. Wow that was dumb

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

He's very stuck up

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He once was a rim protector with 2.6 bpg ..... but it was only 2 seasons.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  9. hakeemthagreat

Yea, but Nene has solid defense AND a nice post game w/ midrange jumper. Bogut gives you nothing on offense consistently

Nene>>>>>>>>Bogut

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

This is Andrew Bogut's entire career as a Cleveland Cavalier:

In today's market, I think the Rockets can find someone with a much better chance of staying healthy and contribute when needed.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm 100% certain that Anderson - if still on the roster - is going to play more backup C than he did last season. I'm not opposed to it at all. Between Nene, Anderson and Onuaku we have plenty to back up Capela. I also think Capela's going to play more minutes. As a 5th last ditch no-choice backup, there is also Zhou Qi who is worth throwing out there late in the season if we had no choice. That's how Capela was born after all.

I really like the idea of Anderson at C. Still brings the exact same benefits, but might actually diminish his weaknesses. It's rare to find players who can easily overpower him. He's a good rebounder when he's already in position, which is rare when he's playing PF. It gives us the option to take both opponent bigs outside when we attack, opening the inside for Paul and Harden. A line-up of Anderson/Tucker/Ariza/Harden/Paul is extremely interesting - the only way to guard that is to leave Tucker wide open in the corner where he shoots 40%. It's not a defensively incompetent team with 3 great defenders in there.

Also, I don't think I can handle having my 2 least favorite character guys - Melo and Bogut - on this team.

13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

super hell no..... unlesss for free.... then yes..... maybe

14. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Normally, I would agree with this. But I think the Rockets could stand to be a bit more dirty and Bogut is the perfect guy for that. The problem here is that the Warriors will always have dirty players on the roster, they have Pachulia who replaced Bogut but they use him in similar fashion and with good results as we witnessed in the San Antonio series.

Here is the simple model of what Golden State has done: Draft excellent finesse players at your wing spots, then protect them with thugs at the PF and Center spots. End result? Three straight finals appearances and two championship rings.

You need thugs in order to win. Even the 96 Bulls would admit to that when they got Rodman.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Bogut as a person sort of like how I don't like Dennis Rodman as a person but I would gladly accept either of them on my basketball team assuming they're healthy and can contribute.

Possum likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

PJ Tucker is a tough player but I dun think he is a Thug or thuggish.....

CP3 is a semi punk in the eyes of opponents tho.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It totally sucks that Ariza and Salah Mejri got into it big time this season.

Mejri would be a fantastic pickup for this team. Underrated, would likely only cost vet min and probably wouldn't mind playing spot up minutes throughout the season. 7'1 250, extremely good rim protecter and defensive rebounder, finishes at a high % at the rim, plays hard with a lot of energy. Just turned 31 and is healthy to my knowledge.

Would prefer him much more over Bogut due to health, and Bogut's ego.

But naw, ol' dude had to say something about Ariza's wife and kids or something that caused some real beef.

#36 ThatBoyNick, Jul 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  17. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

We need Bogut.

18. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

But he can't even trip a guy without ending his own season. 1 minute has to be a NBA record.

ECHKG likes this.
  19. ECHKG

ECHKG Member

PASS. Dirty and fragile

20. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Bogut comes back. Is it a threat for Houston? Celtics uses a perfect way to beat warriors by passing the ball to the player vs cousins.