1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 100% trying to get Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2017.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

It is out there.... but I have seen a few espn guys mention houston getting both paul George and Melo.

It was more in like I hope and it would be cool.

But also in that well technically it actually could happen since houston traded for cp3.

If we get PG13 somehow than I do think melo will force his way out and get Dolan to buy him out so he can come to houston.

He might even wave 10m off what he is owed and take 44m instead of the 54

Because the rockets will give him the MLE and he'll make most of that back.

2. threepointshot3

I think the Meo buyout to us is very realistic and legit. Say what you want about SAS but that dude has legit inside info regarding Melo.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

SAS is annoying but he is plugged up and is the espn basketball mouth.

He knows what's up with the knicks add melo.

If he says melo would go to Cleveland or houston than that is true and prob the only two teams he go too.

He did have interest in houston a few years ago he knows Morey and les. He even brought his wife LaLa down here for the meetings And is best buds with cp3

He also is best buds with lebron who happens to be the best player in the world so of course he would go there even if it is with a second rate franchise.

Interesting note.

Rockets need to keep and eye on Lebron. I didn't know cp3 was Lebrons kids godfather. That's big time there really close.

Lebron might like the idea of teaming up with not only cp3 and melo but he also might like that chance to play with harden who is a legit MVP caliber player and can do the same stuff he does.

Kyrie is good but he's not james harden.

Harden can win games at a top 5 rate and litterly let Lebron cp3 and melo rest 15-20 games a year. No other player can offer those guys that.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

If this is true insider information, then it's clearly from the perspective of an insider from Houston - in other words, "hopeful thinking". Indy has no motivation to get a deal done before FA starts - Boston & LA aren't offering anything special right now - just Houston & Cleveland's complicated/shaky deal. Houston's motivation to get a deal done before FA starts is that they know Boston won't make an offer until they are certain they have Hayward(remember Boston is risk averse) and that can't happen until FA officially starts. Indy also knows this so they are waiting it out to see if they can get Boston, Houston, and Cleveland in a bidding war. Both Houston and Cleveland's offer is likely still on the table at least for the first few days of FA anyway(until Morey starts fishing for other stars).

Boston clearly has the best assets right now to outbid anyone, but who knows what rabbit Morey pulls out of his hat - maybe a solid 1st round pick from someone else in exchange for Capela giving Indy Ariza, Gordon, and a 1st rounder. Same for Cleveland - maybe they find a willing 3rd team who could facilitate something of value? In any case, Indy stands to benefit by an arms race.

The only thing I'm wondering about Boston/Ainge is - what if they continue to play it conservative? IT, PG, Hayward, and Horford is a really good team - but I'm still not sure they can beat Cleveland, let alone GS with that lineup and if that is the case, what good is exchanging long term flexibility for PG when your already the 2nd best team in the East? If your in awe of the prospect of this Warriors team(and I know I am), then Boston "as is" probably could sell a lot of tickets being good in the East for a few more years while your cultivating more young studs out of the draft and if one of those studs turns into a legit NBA all star in a few years, then Boston could be in a place to be good both now, and maybe even be the next team of the future when GS starts to decline a bit as a team. Ainge knows Golden State built their team from smart draft picks and not caving on their vision to trade for an All Star - remember when everyone said they were stupid for not trading Klay for Love? Ultimately I think Boston wins the PG13 sweepstakes, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Ainge keeps the picks/players and continues to be patient growing his young core.

BigMaloe and malakas like this.
  5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

looks like he's doing the same thing in that post. i don't buy it at all

6. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Bron is never leaving cleveland again. That's just out of the question

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure on paper, Warriors still have the chemistry.

8. thekad

thekad Member

Just get everyone.

Gordon, Capela, 1st and NGs for George & Ellis

Anderson + 1st for Millsap (S&T)

Melo waives his player option and gets bought out. Houston signs him.

CP3/Harden
    Harden/Ellis
    George/Ariza
    Melo/Ariza
    Millsap/Nene

Morey would still lose Executive of the Year though.

9. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

BigMaloe and crash5179 like this.
  11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Would love to get Ibaka. Is competitive, spaces the floor, and is one of best interior defenders in the league.

Forget Millsap. Ibaka is the guy we should be after.

I would kill for PG and Ibaka. Offense and defense.

BHannes2BHonest and crash5179 like this.
  12. kanggang

kanggang Member

Capela
    Ibaka
    George
    Harden
    Paul

:eek:

BHannes2BHonest and crash5179 like this.
  13. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Even getting a chance at Serge Ibaka might be too much to wish for

https://www.raptorshq.com/2017/6/27/15874352/nba-free-agency-toronto-raptors-salary-cap-situation

$18.375M !!!

-------------------
    In any case, the Raptors’ free agents this summer and their associated cap holds are listed below.

Serge Ibaka $18,375,000
    Kyle Lowry $18,000,000
    Patrick Patterson $11,495,000
    P.J. Tucker $10,070,000

So as you might imagine, the $18 million of presumed cap space completely disappears with even one or two of those players being kept this summer. And they probably want to keep those players. Still, that cap room number might come in handy if the free agents decide to bolt this summer.

Nonetheless, we’ll focus on the scenario where the Raptors are able to bring back some free agents. By the rules, there is nothing preventing this from happening — the Raptors have full Bird Rights to all four free agents and can outbid the market with those rights, re-signing all four of them. Unfortunately, the NBA’s soft cap has measures in place to prevent that — specifically the luxury tax.

BigMaloe likes this.
  14. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I disagree with this statement. I think Lebron can see that he's up against a super dynasty right now. If he wants to win again he will leave Cleveland.

He already did what he said he would do, he brought home the championship!

Reeko and saleem like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

honestly I don't see him leaving either. not much reason to considering he still has basically a guaranteed path to the finals, back at home, still has one of the top guards in the league next to him. if Cleveland for some odd reason just falls off then I'd probably see but as of now I don't

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Seems actually failry credible to me.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Ok, George traded in few hours lol

#1239 Vivi, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    J Sizzle likes this.