1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Draymond Green vs Kawhi Leonard: Which temperament do you prefer on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by celebrevida, Jun 12, 2017.

?

Which type of temperament and leadership do you prefer?

1. Draymond Green or similar

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  2. Kawhi Leonard or similar

39 vote(s)
    66.1%
  1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

still prefer kawhi

2. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Wow interesting. Everyone always says they want a player that plays with fire and emotion. But looks like what they really want is a stoic, quiet, superstar like Kawhi. I'm surprised.

So beside Kawhi, what active player is just like him? He's the only superstar I know that is so stoic and quiet.

(I would remind people answering this poll that Draymond is only an example. If you hate him, just substitute a player with a similar fire and emotion that you like. So people shouldn't vote against him just because they are anti-Green. Again he is just an example. Its not really a Green vs Kawhi poll as such.)

3. sw847

sw847 Member

as the emotional/motivation leader, green no doubt!!!

IMO the reason the spurs were successful is not because of duncan or kawahi's leadership skills, to me neither are true leaders of the team, both great players no doubt, but pop plays that role for the spurs. he really just need great players to do their part in a set system.

now for a team like the rox who have a relatively speaking, less strict coach, someone who believes in the free flow of the team, i would say green is a better suited leader for the team.

4. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Even on defense they are very different players.

Kawhi is a good defensive player because he locks up his man.

Green is a good defensive player because he's telling everyone where they should be.

For this Rockets team Greens style would be better.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Big picture is Rockets could have had one or both these guys if they had a more competent drafting GM

Rockets picked Mook Morris ahead of Kawhi

Rockets picked 3 players - Jerry Lamb, Royce White and T _ones ahead of Draymond Green. Lamb was used for the Harden trade but still....

Total **** up by Maury

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

This rockets team without a doublt desperately needs a voice and unquestioned personality like DG's. He'll tell it to you like it is and not hold back or doubt it.There's just too many instances where we still question who is houston's leader and nobody really holding each other accountable and then when we do hear about something guys take it too personal. You'll never win that way. every team goes through some type of issues. it's always how you respond to them

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

it's bc DG is basically the villain by default but he would instantly be a favorite here if he had on a houston jersey. People are kidding themselves if they didn't love his all around intangibles that he brings

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh ok. so you don't want beverley

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We need a player that isn't scared of going after Harden's soft ass.

Which means that will never happen without James Harden's approval LMAO!!!

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Draymond easily. We need someone to hold Harden accountable and not be afraid to call him out. For example when Harden doesn't get back on defense or things like that.

I remember once Steph drove to the rim and didn't get a call, so he was frustrated and laid on the ground for a second while play resumed. Draymond screamed at him to get back demonstrably. I thought to myself "that's exactly the type of guy we need on the Rockets."

11. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

True but I think Kawhi can also be a leader albeit in a different way.

AFAIK Kawhi doesn't call out teammates. But they see him make big game changing plays and have literally no expression and is already working hard on the next play, it affects other players through example.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

kawhi isn't even the primary leader of the spurs. Pop is as far as voice and direction. which basically makes kawhi, who now understands what is asked of him, someone others may follow just by example as stated

13. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Here is an impersonation of Green:

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

And here is a really funny impersonation of Leonard's "signature celebration move" after making a great play:

#34 celebrevida, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    daywalker02 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kawhi plus a little emotion would be right but Draymond is a very special player, a biotch but still very good.

We probably need some enforcers.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Green is the biggest ******* in a team of talented Betas. If that counts as a leader, Steph and Durant are cool with that. They're also cool with their post-game responses when Donkey gets ejected.

Kawhi is silent but deadly. He's been more animated during playoffs, but you definitely can see that the man just wants to compete.

17. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Remember this thread is about leadership styles, not Green per se.

We need someone unafraid to call people out on their bullshit. I think CP3 has that simiar 'authoritarian' leadership style.
    I much prefer that to Kawhi's passive style. Remember the spurs have the ultimate fiery leader in pop, he's the real force on that team

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There is no scenario where I take Donkey or a player with his b****ass mentality.