1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 100% trying to get Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2017.

1. jayydela

jayydela Member

I say forget CP3 and go after Hayward and PG13. PG13 would be a good fit at the 2 next to Harden

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Fine by me if the Rockets want to go all in for a season and then crash and burn (if everyone leaves). The Rockets can then go into full tank mode and try to compete once the Warriors are old.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Crap...He knows his rights.

5. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Can someone photoshop morey with a full arm tattoo sleeve rolled up ever so slightly that shows a picture of Paul George tattooed on his forearm?

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Off season clutchfans in the best clutchfans

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Harden/George that's a nasty wing combo

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

He's worth the gamble and here's why. The Rockets could be looking at a 60 win team with PG on board. Getting a player like Paul makes it even more of a certainty.

PG balls out.. somehow makes all NBA and we can offer him the super max. If he doesn't and leaves.. cap space. We have to try or Harden's prime will be wasted

DonKnock, Beardaholic13 and mikol13 like this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey's secret sleeves plan involves landing Chris Paul, Paul George and George Hill. The overlapping names will confuse opposing defenders and maximize Dan Tony's offense.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Why not go Lebron James, James Harden and then get Mike James back? I'm sure Mike James would come back if we asked nicely enough.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Howard said Nets only, and never ended up with the Nets.

I'd take the chance with George, I'd like to see him try to leave a max contract, with no state taxes, in a big city like Houston, being paired next to Harden and whatever star player we sign this off season (CP3, Griffin, Hayward, Lowry, Milsap). I just couldn't see it.

No matter what, even if he's nuts and throws away a ton of money/a winning team for the Lakers... it would still be a win, because us having him before FA starts would basically guarantee us a top 5 free agent this off season. Who cares if George leaves next year if he nets us a star this offseason + opens up a max for next free agency. Sell the farm Morey, this is a win/win no matter what.

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

His contract is atrocious, he pump fakes a million times and just passes it back to James, he contributes nothing when he doesn't make his shots. He's got some problem with the colors in Toyota center.

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He's not useless but he's paid too much to play on this team. They can't win with him at that contract.

Stretching the floor is not enough for that salary. He needs to bring some other skill set to the team...defense, rebounding, playmaking, post play...

He brings none of that. He's just a three point shooter.

Thats why the Offense looks dismal at times....you need to jettison Anderson in order to get another playmaker that can do more besides catch the ball and shoot or catch the ball, pump fake and pass it back to Harden.

14. TAB

TAB Member

So all this LA and only LA talk just helps whatever team he goes to retain assets right?

15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Time to close thread:

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He knows what hellbent to LA means.

17. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

So getting PG will certainly cost Anderson, Pat, Harrell, and future 1st rounders. It may even cost Gordon as well. But I wouldn't be oppose to a lineup of:
    CP3
    Paul George
    Harden
    Ariza
    Capela

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

no, we cant offer him the super max even if he makes All-NBA, only the Pacers could've offered him that

in order for a player to get the super max, they must be entering their 8th or 9th season with their original franchise or be on a team that they were traded to during the first four years of their career...Paul George on the Rockets doesn't fall into either of those categories

19. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

if we get PG13 - we will be in contention to get Hayward as they are best buddies, We would have to give up Andersen and take no salary back in order to make room for Hayward. IF we manage to get both Hayward and PG13, I am sure PG13 would sign back with houston the following year.

But is giving up
    Capella/Anderssen/Lou/montrez/ Ariza/ 2 firsts and others worth it?

I would do it. but our bench would be really weak, and Harden will need to stop ball hogging towards the end of the games.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member