1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey says Rockets "have something up [their] sleeve"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

#PrisonWallet

2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i feel like morey saying the warriors are beatable is like that video of harden saying the warriors arent that good. same same.

literally... no other team's talent will even sniff the warriors panties in the next few years.

and i hate it.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yul Sleeve

:D

4. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

The only sort of big names I can think of that are interested in signing with Houston are Gallinari and Redick. Neither of which i think bring a real upgrade to us. I wouldn't mind having them but don't see it changing anything. If we could some how sign and trade Ryno for millsap that would be the biggest upgrade.

Also lol at anyone wanting to sign igudala just lol at your face. He is not even Ariza caliber. Dude is a system player that showed up 1 game all playoffs. Everyone is acting like he is still like he was in philly.

5. 34to11

34to11 Member

Should be interesting.

6. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

So again Morey keeps us on our toes like a midget at a urinal. The only thing up Morey's sleeve is a tatoo of instructions for the Heimlich maneuver. Best investment he's made because it's guaranteed to be used as long as Harden's here. Not a hater but until someone rips his ass for his bullshit play...guess what? Rinse and repeat. There's no one, except LeBron, that would make a difference. Everyone has to defer to Harden. I've said this before, Harden is a reg season hero; playoff zero. Morey knows it. He has to play the game and create hype, but don't get it twisted; Unless serious injuries happen, our ceiling is the WCF and to be honest, I'm cool with that. Reality usually hurts.

7. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Morey ain't got nothing but nachos up his sleeves.

J.R. likes this.
  8. caneks

caneks Rookie

Maybe I am wrong, but I have not heard any team won championship with the top option having FG @ 42%, which Harden has. How far away is Rockets from those champion teams? I assume that if anyone wants to be a champion, they need to play like champion. The top players in both final teams this season had FG above 50%, btw. I do not know how Rockest is a lot closer to those champion teams than any other teams in NBA.

The current Rockets is build very unlike the 3 teams you listed. They are similar each other, all have core developed from their very own draft picks. Rockets is not.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Morey is probably just trying to look positive, and i mean, that's understandable...

If we're talking about players though, when i read "risk" i think about Boogie and Melo (or Bosh lol). Personally not a fan of Melo in any case at this point of his career...Boogie though, yeah, he's a risk, big risk if you want, but he's a terrific talent, still young, we have Lucas...if it works out, you may have the best center in the league.

Overall, i still think that unless we want to tank, we should go all in in a trade for a star if/after we sign a good/great free agent, and if needed, for the right player, trade basically every asset we have (just don't pull a Celtics-Nets kind of deal, at least don't swap picks in multiple years).

10. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

Now this is HILARIOUS!!! LMFAO

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I saved a guy once using the Heimlich maneuver. I'm willing to teach it to Morey for a pair of season tickets.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

When you roll up your sleeves - you can leave bits of Lin-t.....

J.R. likes this.
  13. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

I'll take 4 guards and deandre Jordan for the championship please.

14. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Even if you add Anthony Davis and Paul George you still can't beat the Warriors.

15. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

trade anderson for cousins and sign patterson

beverly/lou
    harden/gordon
    ariza/dekker
    patterson/Harrell/Qi
    cousins/capela/nene

and we can still sign one more player and one of our other young playerd/picks might be a solid back up

16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

fwiw... apparently threads got merged ("They're not unbeatable' and "something up his sleeve")... my comment was like on the first page of one of them... sorry I didn't check the other thread to see if the same joke had been made there... my bad.... lol

17. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

I would love Redick personally. We really need more of a stretch forward/D type but Redick would be a great replacement for Lou

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

lou isn't going anywhere. reddick doesn't even make this team better if you're putting him over lou and is about to make about double lou's salary

19. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

Trading Ryno BACK To NOLA? Not going to Happen. You are Delusional. LMFA0

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Uh, triple the Lou $$$.