1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Can the Rockets Cherry pick from The Warriors this Offseason?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, Jun 13, 2017.

1. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

I know KD is saying he will take less money to keep the team together and we don't have a lot of money to offer but we should be able to grab one these two guys.

Shaun Livingston- I think the Rockets should bring this guy back( he was cut when here in favor of huge Lin contract/mistake), I think he is a guy who would be about winning. Not only could he take the ball out of James hands but he could be another playmaker on the floor that could start the offense. Not a three point threat but definite player you want on your team. GSW's offense is not just about three's, it's about ball and player movement.

Ian Clark- McCaw took his minutes because of he is a bigger defender on Kyrie in the finals. This would have to happen via trade because he is under contract. I would only go after him if we have to end up moving PatBev in a bigger deal.

Also, wouldn't mind James McAdoo in our Small forward rotation. Nice Slasher and finisher.

2. kingjosh

kingjosh Member

All of these players only look good because they are surrounded by 4 western confrence all-stars and a former finals mvp.You put sam dekker on the warriors team and he would do serious damage too.

Williamson, topfive, YOLO and 3 others like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shaun Livingston can do it.

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

Pipe dream would be Klay. He would basically need to demand a trade here.

More realistically I think we could snag Iggy. Age and health is a concern but he could fill a lot of our needs.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harrison Barnes, but we have to pay him.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I hope we can cherrry pick their GM or whoever does draftong for them

Our triple chinned cheese burger cut Livingston and passed on Draymond, Kawhi, Butler etc...

cheke64 likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

tony brothers

topfive likes this.
  8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Javale Mcgeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Mr. Potato head

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

These guys are mediocre and we have plenty of mediocre players. We have 4 guards better than Clark and Livingston.

We don't need minor additions. We need to consolidate our assets and resources into fewer better players and then line the end of the bench with minimum signings.

More importantly, we need defense. And not just any defense, we need athletic excellent defenders who are not offensive liabilities. Added offense is a luxury, if anything we can afford a dip in offense if it came to that. We will never outscore the Warriors but we have a slight chance of being a better defensive team than them. That is the only path. Anything else is just shuffling for the sake of shuffling.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Steph Curry is a free agent.

Durant will probably exercise his option to become a free agent.

Klay can exercise his option next year.

"We have something up our sleeve."

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I said this in another thread, Curry and Durant are both available. Nobody picked up on that. It was as if I had farted in church.

:cool:

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

Livingston the coach didn't click with the coach
    Draymond was passed on by everyone....
    Kawhi is a miss in a position of need at the time, too... still hurts - don't know what he would look like as a Rocket --> Spurs homegrown production

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Festus and Speights