1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've seen enough, LeBron is the GOAT

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Cash Cam, Jun 7, 2017.

1. what

what Member

in my opinion Tim Duncan is the goat. the guy is comically underrated.

2. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'll take the opinion of a man who was a crucial part of 7 championships with prime Hakeem, Shaq and Duncan. Hakeem was the best.

Hell, no disrespect to Timmy, but i think David Robinson is also a better individual basketball player than Tim Duncan and probably would have had more success if they swapped eras ie if Duncan played on the late 80s and 90s Spurs and Admiral played on the Popovich Spurs.

You think Duncan is comically underrated yet he's almost unanimously GOAT PF(not to me), but David Robinson is hardly ever mentioned with GOAT Centers or GOAT players period just because he didn't win a ring during Jordan's era and also b/c Hakeem made a fool of him. Admiral had the stats, advanced metrics and the physical tools to be in consideration. Admiral also accomplished all he did coming in as a 24 year old rookie from 2 years of service in the Navy after his college career there. He also had the sportsmanship and willingness to step aside for Duncan after he hurt his back and broke his foot in 97.

Duncan was definitely the better older player post 33-34 years old.

3. Cash Cam

Cash Cam Member

Just watch.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

lerbon is goating so hard right now

RocketsTruth likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

mini mini goating

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

KD juuust started being clutch. Dude has been a choke artist his entire career before Game 3. As non-clutch as LeBron has been, KD can't be regarded as greater in that aspect.

btw- Great OP. I'm now convinced.

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

"The best 3 point shooter in the league shouldn't take open shots?"

Wow

8. hakeemthagreat

No. The best player in the world has one on one coverage and a opportunity to end the game, but puts it on Kyle Kover? Lebron wasnt doubled or triple teamed. He drove with INTENSION of passing.
    Pure stupidity. KD's clutch has never been questioned. Hes just been on a teams that werent championship ready. He went to the finals once before, but Miami was a better team. You know better

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Role players and other co stars have to step up again.

Durant will be feeling the heat if the Cavs wins another game or two.

10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

7 straight finals on essentially three different teams. Sure, he's back on the Cavs but it's an entirely different roster than the last one he took to the Finals a few times. It's as if literally you can add LeBron to any team in the East and they will make the Finals. How does that not blow your mind? I'm fairly convinced if you could, hypothetically, trade say Ryan Anderson or Trevor Ariza for LeBron he'd make the Rockets a legit threat to beat the Warriors. I think he's the greatest player ever. I understand guys like Jordan, Dream and Magic all have their cases, but this guy is unlike anything we have ever seen. It's like you all are taking it for granted at this point. For much of his career he was basically a point guard in Karl Malone's body. I'm not mad if somebody thinks Jordan was better. It's certainly arguable. But if we were starting a league with clones of NBA legends, I'm picking LeBron #1.

Cash Cam and DMO (DJ remix) like this.
  11. Mr. Space City

lebron in the west would still probably still be like 7 straight western conference finals appearances which is still impressive.

12. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

LeBron will be 3 out of 8 in the Finals. Sorry, but GOAT doesn't lose 5 championships.

LeBron is the greatest talent of all time, but not the greatest player.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is the second best player or 3rd if you think Hakeem, Kareem, Bill Russell or Magic have a shot.

That is good enough for the title, does not mean he wins it every year.

I also agree that he he has been the No. 1 talent and still second only to one player.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  14. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Not sure if serious, but he's had the "choke" label for years. It was his last flaw as a player.

Funny thing is KD, Westbrook, and Harden share this problem.

http://www.goldenstateofmind.com/20...urant-oklahoma-city-thunder-clutch-statistics

https://www.sportsrageous.com/nba/n...-clutch-player-says-basketball-analyst/48284/

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ant-get-a-free-pass-for-failing-in-the-clutch

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The eras are so different and hard to find clarity there.

I would say Lebron was or has been the Greatest of his time, among his peers. That would be enough.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

he scared players into going west for the last decade and a half. if that isn't goating hard then i don't know what is.

hakeemthagreat likes this.
  18. hakeemthagreat

Thank you. Lebron wanted the easiest path he can take to get his rings. I cant respect that

19. fmp087

fmp087 Member

But you're praising KD. You don't make any sense.

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I trips me out that people rarely mention Matt Maloney in these types of threads.