1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DC Cinema] Wonder Woman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

Didnt live up to the hype for me. Disliked gal gadot's acting. Probably a 7/10 in my book

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

that's a pretty high score for something you don't like. was it the accent?

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was gonna go see it tonight but the theater I prefer to go to didn't have any good seats left.....which hasn't really been a problem before. Since I haven't seen it yet, I have no idea if it's gonna be good or not, but it looks like it's going to make just all the money.

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Its above average. Didnt live up to the hype meaning it wasnt super amazing like what ive been reading. Average is like any of the Andrew Garfield spiderman movies to me.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A better than average "super hero" flick that I enjoyed quite a bit. Chris Pine was perfectly cast, which is all I can say about his role without giving away stuff. I'm going to look online later and see if the chick playing Wonder Woman has any "exciting" images floating around.

Kim likes this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. jaru

jaru Member

Deckard likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who is she?

9. i3artow i3aller

Gal Gadot aka Wonder Woooman

Deckard likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol. Ok. Got me there, did not recognize, thought she went full younger Shania Twain on this.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

just saw. holy schitte is she beautiful. she's not winning any academy awards for this, but it wasn't megan fox bad. chris pine carried a lot of the movie.

anyone else caught on to the amazons having an accent to fit gal gadot's foreign accent? twas genius. i could also sit for hours watching those hot babes do cool slow-mo flips and kicking ass. with no guys around, and a few amazon warriors dead (like in the cartoons), i wonder how they'll produce more babe warriors if there are no guys around to seed them?

my only problem with this is why in the schitte did they have to force the "love cures all" bullschitte in the end? it seemed so out of place. my theory is that some hippie stole the script for 10 minutes and added that trash, then put it back on the writer's desk and giggled away.

oh one more, i almost forgot. they should've cast someone else as ares. dude looked like such a wimp. even with the cgi armor at the end, when you see his face, you're like... aww man, that's so no believable.

aside from that, i could have definitely used more sexy gadot action scenes. you can never get enough. and i must admit, i got the feels when steve went jihad at the end. but quickly forgot about it when wonderful woman went full berserk mode, such badassery.

i think dc just took a huge 10 steps ahead with this movie and could inch closer to marvel. it was a fantastic origin story.
    during the whole "no mans land" scene, i subconsciously kept thinking that she'll run into captain america. how cool would that be.
    lastly, would have been better had they had teh buttsecks boat scene.

a solid 9/10 for jontro.

Deckard and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

What I really thought interesting is that Ares was actually correct about the dark side of human nature. We are flawed and it doesn't take Ares influence for humans to commit mass death and hate against one another...it just so happens that we are even also equally capable of love which wonderwoman chose as her strength.

Deckard likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Ya had to sit a little closer than I wanted to at an IMAX 3D showing but those were the only seats left at both the Greenway and Marq'E Edwards.

Really enjoyed the movie though. Easily one of the better superhero movies IMO.

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

I thought her powers were kind of confusing. She would get hurt by bullets but can get smashed by super heavy objects? Wtf?

16. Fantasma Negro

Saw it last night, chic is smokin, great action sequences, was really hoping for some girl on girl but all in all pretty solid.
    I give it a 9/ 10

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Lol, what does his opinion of Patty have to do with whether or not Snyder is dumb? Ever read any of his interviews? He's one drink away from Michael Bay. If you noticed I had nothing but positive things to say about WW.

You started off your post with a personal insult when you don't even know me. Run along childish fanboy, adults are talking.

...There's so much irrelevant drivel here I'm not even going to bother...enjoy being "right".

#97 seclusion, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

BOut to pass up mos and SS very quickly...even tho the movie was so far much better than man of steel. I felt a lot of borrowing themes. The villain both zod and Ares wanted humans destruction and from their point of view you almost understand why...the strength of love both heros had that gave them the will to be even stronger...great fighting but this movie had something else that the other didn't and that was chemistry and personality . And I think that as simple as it sounds made this movie so much better than the others ...

B-Bob likes this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

good point on chemistry and personality. this one had a character that's actually really likable in steve. with superman, we wouldn't have cared if lois lane or martha gets killed.