1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NBA Finals] Golden State Warriors vs. Cleveland Cavaliers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sajan, May 12, 2017.

?

Who will win?

Poll closed May 31, 2017.
  1. GSW 4-0

9 vote(s)
    7.6%
  2. GSW 4-1

16 vote(s)
    13.4%
  3. GSW 4-2

29 vote(s)
    24.4%
  4. GSW 4-3

12 vote(s)
    10.1%
  5. CLE 4-0

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  6. CLE 4-1

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  7. CLE 4-2

29 vote(s)
    24.4%
  8. CLE 4-3

19 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Is Klay Thompson screwing Khloe Kardashian or what?

2. BackdoorHarden

Yea, but is he an elite defender? And do 2 people run at him even though he's 3 for 16? 2 Cavs player still run at Thompson even though he has sucked for the last 13 games and that leaves every one open.

Never seen KD with so many open shots...since Barnes

3. Mr. Space City

I said warriors in 6 before the series but it's looking like warriors in 5.

Just way too much top end talent.

Take lebron off the cavs and Durant off the warriors and the warriors sweep the cavs easily.

Lebron might be the "best" player in the series but the drop off from Lebron to Durant is not that significant like it was last year with Lebron vs. Steph.

Like I said before, the warriors basically replaced Harrison Barnes with Kevin Durant.

Get used to this.

Nobody is touching this team for the next 3-4 years.

4. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Not a single likeable player on the Warriors bar Thompson.

5. jsingles

jsingles Member

Because most of us watch sports for the competition, for the mystery of who will win and what can happen in the game. We watch for amazing performances and unreal finishes and plays to decide a game, or a championship. We likely won't get this during these finals, likely won't get them for years. My attention span doesn't encompass waiting years for excitement and the enchantment of what sports is. I'll stick with baseball as I have for the last 6 weeks. This is not entertainment, this is paint drying on the wall, that's not sports.

ghettocheeze, J.R. and Brown Lost It like this.
  6. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

klay has always been overrated. I used to laugh when people used to say he was on hardens level

also i cant get over durant joining curry. Durant is the better player, wtf are doing, at least join the clippers

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Fair enough. But its rare that Harden is a net contributor when his shot isn't falling or his ref-baiting isn't working. And in any case Thompson contribution on defense is greater than Harden's contribution as a "ball distributor" in a game where both are having horrible offense games.

8. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

thompson cant sniff hardens talent... you cant make klay the cornerstone of your team.

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Third Coast dawg.

10. WestendMassive

He's not all that likable either if you ask me

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

What an entertaining product the NBA provides.

Brown Lost It and ghettocheeze like this.
  12. BackdoorHarden

Stop drop shut'em down open shop KD opening show shutting them down ooooh nooooooooooo

Warriors Anthem by DMX

13. BackdoorHarden

Thompson is the least likeable. Grew up rich, privilege unlike KD, Lebron, and Raymond.

Dates Super models, have a cute dog. Hate that guy and his great life

WestendMassive likes this.
  14. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

He isn't hateable in my opinion, since he is pretty low key on the court.

Look at all these Warriors players celebrate like this actually means anything. Your already super team added the second best player in the league. Most people expect you to win in 5.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Thompson is a great but overrated individual defender and the advanced metrics prove that. It's easy to look like a great defender all the time when the rest of your team is elite defensively all around and all your mistakes and lapses are covered. Klay gets beat all the time but got Durant whos lengthy as hell to give help and Draymond who is a monster rim protector.

16. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

But keep in mind the thread was comparing if both Harden and Thompson are going something like 3-14. What makes Harden much better than Thompson is that he doesn't do that often and is a much much better player offensively overall. But if both offenses are sucking, Thompson actually contributes more. Its just that Harden sucks much less on average offensively than Thompson. Thus overall Harden is clearly the better player.

#276 celebrevida, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

What had the Heat done prior to LeBron arriving? They were first round fodder the year before. He singlehandedly turns any team into a contender due to his greatness. Durant is certainly a great player in his own right, but he didn't turn the Warriors into what they are. They won 67 games this season. That's the same number they won 2 years ago with Harrison Barnes starting in his place. And they won 73 games a year ago again sans Durant.

I think the Durant backlash won't just be due to his gravytraining off of an already great team that had won a title and came within a basket of 2 in a row. It's also because he made the NBA regular season and possibly the postseason completely superfluous for the next several years.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why are you so sure the Cavs can do that?

19. Mr. Space City

Harden only 27 so the rockets have 3-4 years to build a team that can compete with the warriors and hopefully try to catch them on the downside.

Harden gotta get better defensively and physically

20. nono

nono Member

American sports fans have been really spoiled with all this parity nonsense. The best team is winning and they're playing damn good. There are many hypocrites on this forum. People who hate big government but are crying foul when the NBA isn't propping up their small teams to where they have no right to be anyways. There's a draft system, players can get traded with no say and people are still crying for more parity. lol.