1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do elite free agents find Harden attractive?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 26, 2017.

1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Do free agents find Westbrick to be attractive? I guess it comes down to personal taste but I think Harden is much better looking than ninja turtle Westbrick.

Pen15clubber, DonKnock and napalm06 like this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

That's the basket I would put my eggs in... no top flight guard/sf is gonna wanna play second fiddle to Harden... you might be able to convince a top big that it would be a beneficial move - and just hope he discounts the results of the D12 debacle...

3. kjayp

If I rolled that way (which i dont...) I'd take a turtle over scraggly homeless man beard Harden...

4. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Ok, well if your GF/wife/partner whatever were to cheat on you with one of those dudes, which one would you prefer it to be? Also, would you join in on a potential three way? At least you could count on Harden to bring other chicks into the mix because he's all about sharing those big booty gals, Westbrickk would just be all over your girl and would ball hog it.

You need to think more critically about this.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

One last thing on LMA
    SAS is not only a better organization right now he probably really saw himself replacing Duncan

6. kjayp

Still think I'd go Westbrick... I mean how much stripper juice might there be up in that beard? You might be in a threesome... but may be more like a 12some with the fluids and debris hangin out in that beard......

If a gal opened her legs and had somethin akin to that beard sittin between 'em... I gotta believe i would pass...

PyroTex likes this.
  7. PyroTex

PyroTex Member

If that worries you don't go after any French chicks. I had a GF from Marseille in 1984, and later got to know a friend of hers from home. They had BUSH & pit hair & hairy legs, but Damn, they could do things:);)

kjayp likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Blake Griffin - ALL IN!

DD

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I think so. I think Houston is a top 5-7 destination in the league, mainly because of Harden. I think the players' around the league generally like him and respect him, and voted him the best player over Steph Curry. If I had to list FA destination options for future FAs:

Top Tier:
    Los Angeles (L) -- It's LA and it's the Lakers. They are incrementally getting better, so they are always a desired destination.
    Los Angeles (C) -- It's LA and I think alot of players would go there in some regards, more so than LA, especially if Doc and CP3 are still in the picture.
    Golden State -- They are probably hottest team in the league, right now. The Bay area is quite nice area to live in.
    San Antonio -- Purely to chase rings, and also to be in very well-ran organization.
    Houston/New York (toss-up) -- Houston: Very stable franchise with likeable superstar, pretty nice urban city, nice weather, and a good amount of strip clubs/nightlife spots. New York: It's New York and they actually do have promising future, if they can figure things out right.

Mid-Top Tier:
    Miami
    Denver
    Atlanta
    Toronto
    Boston (I think Boston is overrated in this aspect -- I think players will go for the coach and recent history)

10. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

Yup, let's pair Harden with another beta superstar who has a history of disappearing when it matters most.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Just not sure I'd include Denver or Toronto in there.

Dallas is probably more appealing than those two.
    (Also Phoenix, Orlando, New York, Brooklyn; just based on location).

#71 napalm06, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    plutoblue11 likes this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

He's thicc

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. kjayp

If we were the Spurs - I'd have no interest in Blake... but hell, we're building a house of cards.... may as well swing for the bleachers...

14. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Disagree with that assessment.

Dwight averaged less shot attempts with Houston primarily because Harden is so ball dominant.

Is he a good passer? Yes but he is also such a good scorer that other players have to be willing to play less of a role offensively or a different role that meshes with him.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ORL's two best years (going to 2009 Finals and 2010 ECF), Dwight Howard had the 4th most FGA on his team, both in regular season and playoffs. FOURTH!!! In the ECF year, he got less FGA (10.2) than both his first two seasons with the Rockets. The Finals year he had 12.4. Again, both years he was FOURTH on his team in FGAs.

His two years following, when he had the most FGAs in his career (13.4 both years), ORL was bounced from the playoffs in the first round. First round of the EASTERN CONFERENCE, mind you....by the Hawks (2-4) and Pacers (1-4).

Don't know why ppl keep us this Howard's FGAs debate.

A lot of the reason his FGAs have always been low is because he got fouled a lot. But another reason is simply because he did not have the moves and shooting range Yao had and the attack that Shaq had.

#75 heypartner, May 28, 2017
    Last edited: May 28, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

We'll see when Paul is an FA next year.

Regardless, seems like things are really heating up.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Do elite free agents find Harden attractive?
    _____

Yes.

Pen15clubber, DonKnock and Fullcourt like this.
  18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Some guys might fancy a beard sure

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Do free agents find James Harden and Chris Paul attractive?

Fullcourt, Fyreball and Pen15clubber like this.