1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Lol. True...didn't even Chandler Jones have a "incident"

2. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Plenty of examples of guys getting second chances and making the most of it. I'd be okay with signing him.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  3. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

ipaman and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dafuq is this?

I just ate 2 bananas in 1 minute, does that make me #1 in banana consumption worldwide?

shitty reporting is shitty reporting.

RasaqBoi, FLASH21 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the hope is that Savage finally throws for his first career TD pass at some point this season if he's starting. That might help the numbers a bit

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I get that Matt Hammond is driving a narrative, but this is the silliest way people use stats. Weeden and Savage have barely played for the Texans. Both have been limited to spot duty/injury replacement and neither has gotten a run of starts in a row to get any serious tape.

It may be that Weeden is better than Savage, but their "on pace" stats so far mean absolutely nothing.

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

9. conquistador#11

jerry rice would run up 'the hill' and take martial arts in the off season to fight off jams. Fuller with his tiny hands would drop some easy td passes on long throws. but he would also make some difficult catches in traffic. something has got to give.

10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is Savage really better than Weedon? I'm wondering.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully he is. If he's not, it's gonna be a hard to watch season....but the Texans still likely win the division anyway.

deb4rockets likes this.
  12. Newlin

Newlin Member

Didn't Fuller drop a couple Savage passes that could have been TD's. Sometimes it's not on the QB. The receivers and offensive line play a role also.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't specifically remember them from Savage, but it seems like Fuller dropped sure TD's just about every game so if I was betting I'd put my money on yes.

14. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Someone said Fido had a higher drop percentage but Fuller did miss one I specifically remember - he raced free and clear on a deep pass and put it down.
    Would have sauntered into the end zone and been a spectacular start to his career.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Making Fuller the number one draft pick is looking silly at the moment. We will see how much "coaching" makes a difference this season. If he continues to put on the negative numbers, he will likely be sitting more and then sent elsewhere.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why is Fuller looking silly?

He had 635 yards in a horrible system with a horrible QB and he missed time.

Hopkins had 800 yards his rookie year and played all 16.

I think the Fuller potential is exciting and the drops can be corrected.

RasaqBoi and Fulgore like this.
  17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Some saying he looking like a bust is ridiculous. He wasn't great but wasn't bad. He was a rookie. He can get better and I'm sure he will get better.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  18. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Not really. He had a pretty decent season all things considered with 47 catches and 635 yards. Doctson (recurring achilles issues) and Treadwell (lack of football iq and was terrible in practice) didn't even play last year

RasaqBoi likes this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Definitely dont think he is a bust and i have high expectations for this year. But after the first couple of games, Fuller didnt do much.

20. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Can't disagree with this. He hurt his hammy after game two and didn't have any "big" games the rest of the year. But neither did anyone else. He also needs to limit the drops. As someone said, he'd make some pretty difficult catches and then drop easy ones. That can't happen. I'm expecting pretty good things from the WR corps over the next couple of seasons too. There is talent there without question.