1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I second Man from Nowhere. Korean action movies in general are freaking awesome.

Saw Captain Fantastic the other night. It was good, not a 7.9/10 imho which is its IMDb rating but definitely entertaining for its honesty. Could have done without the package shot but it wasn't out of place for the movie.

2. CometsWin

I was also disappointed. It was more educational than I would have thought though.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Whale Rider (2002 movie) 8/10

I enjoy Maori stuff though.

Arrival 9/10

Good psychological alien movie. Reminded me a bit of Contact.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

More educational than reading the book, or watching a documentary? I love Keaton, and both the actors who play the brothers, but I already know the story. Still worth watching? Or will it just piss me off the whole time?

5. CometsWin

If you know the details then probably not. Just my opinion though. o_O

Other than seeing what a b*stard Kroc was I didn't find it particularly entertaining.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. youknowme

youknowme Member

King Arthur - 8/10

Even though it bombed in the box office, I thought it was a pretty decent movie.

I didn't go in thinking I would be seeing an Oscar worthy movie, rather something with a mix of action and comedy (as seen in the trailer).

Thought the action, style, and pace of the film was very entertaining, and was looking forward to a sequel (but it looks like that won't happen).

don grahamleone likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

xmen apocalypse. 6.8/10. I don't get the hate for this one other than it feels the most comic"y" of the three. In fact it's basically a live Saturday morning cartoon episode. Even if they did put character depth in the villain Apocalypse, he'd still be cheesy as f***. He looks like an engineer from prometheus. That said, i felt it had more action than the others. Sansa even delivers the line, "in these sequels we all have to agree that the third one is always the worst."
    Though I did like it, I was left wondering was this film even necessary? all it did was show why X was left bald and the first time Logan fell in love with Phoenix. He was still 30ish. she was 15ish.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Agreed. 8/10, very fun movie.

I don't get why the critics hate it so much.

No it's not going to be Gladiator and win Oscars but it's not trying to be.

If you like 300 and Game of Thrones then you'll like this. Loved the action, humor and dramatic directing from Guy Ritchie.

Some parts of it reminded me of 80s style flicks too.

I've noticed most of the viewer reviews have been positive so hopefully it gets a following

Rodman23 and youknowme like this.
  9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Jungle Book (live-action remake)

Don't get the love for this. I didn't grow up on the animated version, or Disney in general, so I'm not comparing. The effects were very impressive, but I almost got an uncanny valley vibe at times. Talking animals are just kind of weird to me. And the kid who played Mowgli kinda sucked and started to annoy me. Some issues with it too so I'd probably give it a 6/10 at most. It was ok but nothing special. Like Frozen, I just don't get the hype.

Rodman23 likes this.
  10. jae713

jae713 Member

The Road - 6.8/10

Probably the most realistic post-apocalyptic movie I have seen. Just a depressing movie all around. :(

11. body slam

body slam Member

Smokey and the Bandit - 10/10

40th anniversary on the big screen

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Train to Busan - 8.5/10. very good zombie flick.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Blackcoat's Daughter

Very creepy. Good twist. Good movie. 8/10

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Lone Survivor. This was better than American Sniper. Afterwards I was investigating the real facts about what happened.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  15. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Saw this, 8/10 also.

Movie did a great job of being eerie.

Correct me if i'm wrong but these guys are also the writers for Green Room (one of the best movies I've seen in recent history).

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Watched Linklater's movie "Boyhood" with my son this weekend. Great movie. It was a little long and slow for my 16 year old's taste but he hung with it because I think he realized how real it depicted life. I loved it.

CometsWin, RocketWalta and Dave2000 like this.
  17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

caught Marc Webb's "Gifted" with Chris Evans

curious when Webb would make another film after the Amazing Spiderman 2 disaster, and didn't disappoint, highly recommend

9/10

NewRoxFan likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Ok. Glad it is a likable one. I thought I'd watch the BD version any way.

19. don grahamleone

Did you find out what I found out? That the most exciting parts of the movie were completely made up. Like falling down that hill, or the big shoot out at the end. Yeah, that didn't happen. He got refuge and the locals protected him, but Hollywood can't make the good Afghans looks too good. SMH at Hollywood.

20. don grahamleone

I saw Cube from back in 1997:

6.5/10 The acting wasn't top notch, but they moved the story along and it was pretty unique. Film buffs should see it to say you saw it, but it's not a must see by any means.

Down Under

9/10 I'm biased towards movies that squarely aim at issues with prejudice and racism and this is one of those films. It's really well done, starts off with Christmas music because everybody goes to the beach for Christmas in Australia. It's summertime at Christmas after all. Anyway, it goes from there. Great flick, good eery start, good ending. Good food for thought after you finish. Don't worry, I gave nothing away.