1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC FINALS] Warriors vs. Spurs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Brown Lost It, May 12, 2017.

?

Who wins?

1. Warriors in 4

45 vote(s)
    32.1%
  2. Warriors in 5

48 vote(s)
    34.3%
  3. Warriors in 6

24 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Warriors in 7

5 vote(s)
    3.6%
  5. Spurs in 6

14 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Spurs in 7

4 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Hmmm. This game feels over 1 minute into the game. Going to be a boring series now without Kawhi.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Is Jonathan Simmons better than Harden?

DreamShook likes this.
  3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

do the warriors have to take away everything? they ruin okc/gsw. probably ruined the whole nba competitively, and then just when there's a glimmer of hope with the spurs game 1 performance, they send a goon to take that away, too. i have so little interest in watching game 2 of what should be a marquee series for the league. do the warriors even get good ratings? i mean they seemingly somehow ruined their own buzz from last year and don't seem to have generated near the interest of the heat's big 3.

J.R. likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

John Simmons.. wtf? Spurs going to cultivate magic again?

5. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

This dude is making less than a mil a year. He's about to get PAID.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

changing the channel in 5...4...3..

8. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

Warriors have the same interest as the Heat's big 3 evident by jersey sales. The only difference is now the Heat's popularity has moved to Cleveland. So you have interest being polarized in 2 areas. Both teams have generated a lot of "bangwagoners".

NBA Draft lottery probably more fun than both Conference Finals.

9. MD_in_Training

Adam Silver needs to rectify this problem... the NBA needs more than just one buzz worthy series in the playoffs, or else the next round of broadcast contracts will not be pretty. If KD never went to the Warriors, we would have had an epic Warriors/OKC, Spurs/OKC, or Spurs/Warriors matchup. Instead, we have lopsided games all the way until the Finals, and even that may be sheer destruction by the Warriors. Honestly, who wants to watch that?

Anyone else turn this game off yet?

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Spurs should just cut their losses and forfeit the series lmfao.

Rockets could honestly have easily beat this team without Kawhi, but all the stars aligned and every single player had their worst games of the season lol, very disappointing.

BigShasta and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Doris Burke gets it: She isn't asking two question if she is interviewing Pop.

Last Sunday, instead of her second question, she wished herself a Happy Mother's Day. Hilarious.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You should also complain about LeQueen not having to play a real series in the East the past 3 seasons.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You still have to play the games!!!

All the stars aligned for the Spurs to win against the Rockets? Interesting.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think I'm done.

16. juanm34

juanm34 Member

What!!!! There's a game on today??????????????:eek::eek::eek:

:oops:

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Barely even paying attention to the game, but how in the world did Pop turn Simmons into THIS? He's basically a poor man's Kawhi.

18. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

GS out here developing rookies in WCF while our guys are lucky to get garbage minutes in blowout games.

BigShasta likes this.
  19. chandlerbang21

sweeeeeeeeeeeeppppp

20. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

in the warriors 10 playoff games, i don't think i've seen more than a 1/2 of any game except game 1 against the spurs. and some games i just skipped. and i usually love watching teams i hate. but most teams i hate didn't just eyes-wide-open pair up a 73 win team with a former mvp to not even make it any fun. rooting against the shaq/kobe lakers even though they ultimately won? still fun, part of what sports is about. for heat haters they got a couple of finals losses and 2 really competitive finals runs. the warriors before this year? just a team that drafted and developed it's players and revolutionized basketball and could actually lose a game.

this warriors team? i'm just numb. who gives a crap? oh, you won? wow, so impressive. oh, but the other team had their best player for almost an entire half of one of the games? wow, who will play you in the movie? even if they humiliate the cavs in the finals, so what? is that supposed to be revenge for last year? sure, pop that champagne steph. you're right back to being the best player in the game, everyone's forgotten lebron beasting y'all last year. no one will notice you and kevin durant had to team up to make it happen.

it's just boring. i think like a lot of fans, i watch for the history. to see which great players step up. what am i going to learn about steph curry? that he's not a guy who shrinks in the finals every year? why, because he won with an overwhelming team where he could score 40 or 14 and still win? will i learn that kevin durant isn't just a guy who thinks contested 20 foot jumpers solve every late big game situation? that lebron isn't good enough to overcome 73 + mvp? wow, who'd a thunk? i wanted to learn these things, now we just boringly watch the warriors march to a title.

#560 francis 4 prez, May 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017