1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WaPo] Trump Revealed Highly Classified Information to Russian Foreign Minister and Ambassador

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mtbrays, May 15, 2017.

1. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some of you would've gotten on the helicopter with Nixon.

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's f****in hilarious. The same guys that use Trump's Twitter, Fox and Breitbart as credible sources, will scream "FAKE NEWS" "STORY DEBUNKED" as soon as ONE white house person (whose entire career is tied to Trump) denies the accusations from a well-established newspaper with vast sources.

Honestly beyond me why these guys are still defending Trump, is it that bad to admit that your candidate of choice turned out to be a huge tool and threat to the nation? Just admit it and move on, but this blind worship is incredibly pathetic and shows how insincere a lot of posters here are.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

All of the 3rd hand sources in the world don't equal one first hand source.....especially when the alleged 3rd hand sources are saying something different than everyone that was actually there. Unless something else pops up, it's pretty much the end of this, and it's not "defending Trump" to point that out.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So when it's pro-Trump, you don't question the validity? What's the point of "first hand" when those sources are tied to Trump and have their political career depend on him?
    You could run this with Nixon, George W. Bush etc., where accusations were of course denied at first, did you also immediately trust the statements of the White House and allies there?

Just baffles me how you guys immediately think something is debunked just because the White House or Trump's allies say so, quite concerning actually.

Eric Riley likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The point is that you want to believe that the 3rd hand source is more valid than literally everyone who was actually there and that wouldn't be the case if it was a different president. It's pretty obvious and I've seen this kind of thing before.

6. dmoneybangbang

Is bobby claiming that trump didn't tell the Russians anything in regards to this issue at hand? I'm confused.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I'm not in the position to claim that anything is more valid, but I'd at least question the statements of people with close ties to Trump. The current government has denied every Trump story that has come out this far, no matter if it was later proven to be true.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Called it. Bob can't help himself. Bluster on, you crazy diamond.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Trumps carefully worded tweets from this AM:

No Worries likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Trump defends 'right' to share secrets

No Worries likes this.
  11. No Worries

One could argue that Trump is a first person in the leaked conversation. He is not all there upstairs, so I could maybe see Bob thinking that Trump was a third person in his own conversation.

justtxyank likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is a "problem" but it's one that doesn't even come close to impeachment and isn't the offense that democrats want it to be.

1) even using the word classified is inflammatory because the president can declassify anything at a moments notice. If he decides someone how a need to know then boom, he has the right to tell them.

2) the only issue here is that the information came from a foreign service and they didn't want it shared. That's a breach of etiquette, which certainly speaks to his inappropriateness as president and may cause issues for future sharing (but probably not).

Democrats will call this watergate and trumplicans will not care one bit. As a neither I can only say it furthers what I already knew: trump is impulsive and loose lipped as most people who genuinely believe the universe marvels at them are.

DonnyMost and No Worries like this.
  13. NewRoxFan

DONALD TRUMP TO CALL JORDAN'S KING ABDULLAH AFTER RUSSIA INTELLIGENCE LEAK CLAIMS
    http://www.newsweek.com/call-king-a...agenda-after-russian-intelligence-leak-609813

14. chrispbrown

chrispbrown Member

Is this the best they can do? They force the three people closest to the president to deflect the narrative for ~12 hours and then throw out a tweet?

Lol update just now has on to the leakers!!

I don't think he understands that attacking the leaks is kinda confirming the information. If the "leaks" are false then they are not leaks!

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

All I know is that if I was part of this White House I would really hate being the guy who has to deny something knowing the president will admit it anyway lol.

16. Indaface

Indaface Member

Well the first hand source just tweeted it out so...

Gotta love how the chain of events with Trump always go
    1.) News story breaks out
    2.) Trumpers tell liberals it's no big deal
    3.) Trump surrogates deny news
    4.) Trumpers say "fake news" and bash liberals more
    5.) Liberals tell Trumpers to stop blindly following everything Trump people say
    6.) Trump himself tweets out to confirm story
    7.) Trumpers disappear onto the next thread

17. No Worries

Trump has a constitutional right to screw the pooch .. to burn friendly foreign intel assets ... to guarantee foreign governments will be reluctant to share intel with the USA while he is President ... thereby to endanger the USA from a future, preventable terrorist attack ... all just to make nice with an enemy of the state, who just committed an act of war in our last election.

Sad.

Senator Corker is right. Trump needs to get his **** together.

Nippystix, Yung-T and pirc1 like this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So the Trump fans (roxlegend, bobby, Texx) last night went ballistic lashing out at everyone because they saw in their eyes the story being "fake news" because The White House scrambled to find a way to give a non denial denial and then of course Trump goes on Twitter this morning and admits it was true all along.

All of the anger his fans spent last night defending Trump, and his staff being forced to lie, and Trump himself undermines them all in two tweets.

I've never seen a figurehead treat his fans so poorly. Your reward for your loyalty is to go jump in the dumpster fire with him then find out he got out already and left everyone else in to burn.

Anyone who has followed Trump either in personal relationships, business, politics, or as a fan has suffered at his expense while he keeps trucking along to his next venture. Pretty sad actually.

19. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Since Trump likes to exercise his rights as president like firing FBI director while under investigation or giving away classified information to a hostile foreign country, hope he doesn't push the red button next...

mdrowe00 likes this.
  20. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Trump is not under investigation by the FBI