1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Is D'Antoni Getting A Free Pass???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dwhite, May 14, 2017.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

I blame

[​IMG]

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

At least spell it right if you're trying to play the race card...

How about because he was coach of the year?

Pen15clubber and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  3. fattz

fattz Member

Wow
    I saw a player that was "coached" into to ineffectiveness. By a coach that would not play his whole team. Don't most point guards try to get the other players going then find their shots in the flow of the game? Our point guard never got into the flow of the game because he was defending the paint so the coach did have to open up his 7 man rotation. I bet muscling up to 7 footers makes it easy to run on the offensive end. The pace of the game slows down and our primary scorer/point guard has people all over him and starts to turn the ball over why because he is really a shooting guard playing the point so we can out pace the other team. ( We took ourselves out of our game - not Pop )

#23 fattz, May 14, 2017
    Last edited: May 14, 2017
  4. dwhite

dwhite Member

I like D
    No, not making excuses for Harden quitting on the team. Harden was ticked off at getting all the blame for the prior loss from everyone and their uncle and gave a big middle finger to the city of Houston. Where was D'Antoni in taking his leader aside with words of wisdom. He needed help and D'Antoni appeared to do nothing. Someone should post a picture of the two of them sitting side by side staring blankly into space at halftime. No fight at all from either of them....two quitters.

5. dwhite

dwhite Member

Correct. Let me say that prior to the Nene injury D'Antoni was stellar. He turned into a moron coach and overcompensated once the injury occurred. Benching Anderson and moving Harden to center and cutting the rotation took us out of a very winnable series. Didn't need Parker or Leonard when you could post up Aldridge on Harden play after play after play. The dumbass coach never figured ouut that keeping the same rotation and just putting Harrell in Nene's spot would work, especially with all the injured Spurs.

fattz likes this.
  6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

OH GOD, please stop stalking me, lol please. seriously I can have an opinion on Mchale without your input thanks, lol. You're not gonna turn this into a war on Mchale vs. D'antoni I'm really not interested. You like Mchale and you're a republican great now please dont ever reply to me again.. thanks :)

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

A less talented team with Dwight Howard on it? Hmmm not sure that's true. Also we faced the Chokers I mean the Clippers, lol not a 60 win Spurs team but semantics right? LMAO.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

YEP.

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Mchale is an idiot.

SF3isBack!! and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  10. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

At least Pringles never purposely quit.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Mchale is an idiot.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  12. hakeemthagreat

Excuses, excuses, excuses smh

A 7 man rotation doesnt make a player pass up shots & proceed to throw the ball out of bounds. A 7 man rotation doesnt make you stand 30ft away from the basket like your disinterested in the game. Thats not on MDA. Was it MDA's fault game 6 against the Clippers too? Or when he had 13 careless turnovers in a elimination game vs GS. You guys are too desperate & will let this man keep quitting over & over

RyanB likes this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

So what NBA player would have been good enough to single handedly take the Rox to a NBA title in any of the years you just mentioned?

14. fattz

fattz Member

Does writing in threads change a player's actions. No mater what one says the player is still that same player --> there is no accountability to be had here.

A player asked / " coached " to do to much plays very much like that. To may responsibilities look like broken plays --> He is a combo guard playing POINT POST / lead scorer but must do it at an all world level -vs- two of the top bigs in league or he is a quitter.

15. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Cry more lady

16. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Yup. Because you said so it is true. Whine more about your most recent successful coach. I'm gonna assume you are not an idiot based on your comment right? Lulz.

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Dude, slow your roll.

You are very emotional and obnoxious right now

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

First season but won't get that from me in the future.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I doubt Jeff has a Biglydick though. His D isn't very up to standard.

20. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

No homo?