1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 13, 2017.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Oh yeah, I got that too. The second the last employee was out the door after he told them all to go home, his entire demeanor changed. It's awesome watching him go back and forth.

Richie_Rich and GRENDEL like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A psychopath who does not like to be rude!

3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Really was blown away by the musical scoring of the scene btw Mike & Gus; no music until a dramatic rise right as Gus' proposition & a great counter as Mike thinks it over & Gus' reply. Just perfectly understated scoring.

4. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That took me by surprise a little bit. Usually there is no music at all for scenes like that. Even mentioned it to my wife. She just looked at me and rolled her eyes....

5. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

So did you think it was OTT or fit the scene..?

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I "understand" your "point." But I also "get" that some "people" do like the "extra" layer of "meaning" and feel that it's "possible" to have "both." IOW, "you" "can" "tell" "a" "great" "story" "and" "include" "the" "Easter" "eggs" "as" "well."

MoonBus likes this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Unreadable.

CometsWin likes this.
  8. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

This is kind of a stretch but maybe Mike located the tape and doctored it? I'm probably wrong because I'm sure Howard and Chuck would review all of their evidence the morning prior to the disciplinary hearing

9. dandorotik

Short version: I like cream in my coffee.

10. Buck Turgidson

Have some whiskey in your water, a little sugar in your tea...

11. thegreatdantoni

I feel they secretly recorded the conversation and were trying to trap Howard into admitting that the tape was a duplicate or something like that.

12. dandorotik

Completely off topic- my son is predicting the Astros win 106 games this season. Should I tell him to stop the jinxing, or do you think he might be right?

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How exactly would you doctor a cassette though? Replace - sure, but it would have to be at least somewhat similar to what happened. Like you'd assume Chuck would be on the tape, as it wouldn't otherwise be logical for Jimmy to be breaking into Chuck's house to destroy the tape and would appear fishy. Destory again - sure... but that seems kind of boring a story.

I'm not sure what's going to happen but it is at least moving with a little more pace.

This was super noticeable. It was very well done, but it definitely felt a bit out of place... not sure what to think of it.

Jayzers_100 and Torn n Frayed like this.
  14. dandorotik

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

when the vet asked about size I knew it would be Huel

16. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

This show is so good. I'm disappointed after every single episode that it's over.

Jayzers_100 and Brown Lost It like this.
  17. dandorotik

It's an extremely compelling show- well-acted, well-shot, and intricate storylines. I like it for completely different reasons from Breaking Bad- I do not look at the characters they include from BB as Easter Eggs, I look at them as necessary to the story. If we see Saul working with Francesca and Huell in BB, why wouldn't we assume they run into each other beforehand? Or Mike with Gus? Or that Gus has Victor and Tyrus working for him? Or the tie-in with Hector Salamanca? These all make complete sense from a story standpoint- and they're never thrown in w/o thought- they all serve integral points to the story. So, yeah, I think very highly of this show- I do think there are some films and shows that rise above others in terms of quality, and I put BCS right up there with BB and The Wire and The Twilight Zone and others in that respect.

Jayzers_100, mrm32 and MoonBus like this.
  18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

dont think Jimmy/Kim were counting on an outburst, just needed the battery to prove Chuck had a serious mental condition that would justify a concerned Jimmy making up a story to help him

Richie_Rich and Yung-T like this.
  19. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what a great episode! no mike and still excellent!

Yung-T and Torn n Frayed like this.
  20. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

you can hear kim say Saul Goodman in the preview for next episode.

i knew jimmy was not gonna deny it was him and say he did it to help chuck with his mental condition.

I think we hear Chuck's wife say what else do you want you got what you wanted. I wonder what she means. do you think she is the one who wants chuck to be committed and jimmy doesnt want to? what if this ends up biting Chuck in the ass and they take away his law degree?

Torn n Frayed likes this.