1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The New ClutchFans Forums

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Clutch, Sep 22, 2016.

1. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Ah yes, thanks but I should have elaborated more in my last post.

I mean those old posts with embeded codes for youtube vids and tweets. Those migrated from the old bbs.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Yeah, that's what a post looks like when you paste the Embed code. Clutch can't go back and clean that up.

My guess: What is happening with old posts that used the Embed Code vs just the simple URL link is the URL is still inside that embed code, the bbs text parser finds the URL when the old post is uploaded from the database, and it renders the MEDIA tag on the fly, but everything else (the javascript code in the Embed Code) is left as garbage that renders as part of the post text message.

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Would it be possible to bring back the function where you could click on the number displayed for replies to a thread and see who posted how many times in that thread, and by clicking on that, you would get a list of all the posts made by that member in a thread? It's a minor thing, but that was actually useful sometimes.

Also, the old Youtube embed method now returns some garbled code rather than the embedded video, perhaps there might be an easy method to display that as it was before?

Thanks for all the hard work, Clutch. Still getting used to the new look. If there was a "make it look just like the old forum" theme, this old fart would be happy to chip in for that ;).

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Getting used to the new forum, but liking it. Especially as a 95% mobile user. Great work Clutch.

I'm curious about how rep points converted to likes, not that it's a big deal...

I went from like 1100ish rep points to somewhere just north of 300 likes. Was there a conversion method for this, or how did things transfer?

5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Hate to be that guy but i have been on the forum nearly 85% less since the new look. Its not as quick and easy to read esprcially on mobile. This is my fav site and i want to be on here but its not as enjoyable to read, way too much to look at...

stobbartjohn likes this.
  6. Band Geek Mobster

I like it!

Clutch likes this.
  7. texian

texian Member

Will there be an option to choose how many posts per page we can see?

(And, if it's already been asked/answered, is there a search thread option?)

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Silly question. Are regular members allowed to edit their post in the new format or do you still have to be a contributing one?

9. stobbartjohn

stobbartjohn Member

I don't think you're the only one. Traffic seems to be way down, might just be my perception.... I'm the same as you though, here a lot less

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Clutch, highlighting say multiple words for copy in the Dark Theme has a greyish/black highlight color that is very close to the background color for the post, making the highlight very hard to see. I had actually thought it wasn't highlighting anything in the Dark Theme since the release, but just put my nose up to the screen and finally noticed it.

Can you change the highlight color to something that contrasts a little more?

Rashmon likes this.
  11. airbulllard

airbulllard Contributing Member

Same with me. I'm wondering what the website traffic numbers say and what Clutch is seeing. I have significantly reduced my time on this forum since the redesign.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

@Clutch

Will star ratings for threads be back? If I may ask, what was the reasoning behind getting rid of them?

I thought that system really helped promote better threads.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I just had to say that I enjoy the changes you made more and more as I use the BBS, Clutch. Absolutely love the new ignore feature, and there is so much more. The switch is a huge success. Kudos!

Clutch likes this.
  14. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Just love how there are no more repeated walls of text when people reply to long posts, just "click to expand"!!! That is really sweet.

Clutch likes this.
  15. jae713

jae713 Member

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this or if it has been discussed before but I am getting a lot of lag when typing comments now. Anybody else experiencing this?

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

iPhone ?

17. jae713

jae713 Member

Laptop. I think I got it worked out though. Cleared my cache and stuff and it's working a lot better.

18. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Does anyone else come on here much less now because of the new format?

I think the new design is the reason for me. Use to be on here multiple times a day. Now just a few times a week.

I wonder what the numbers say since the switch.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No.

20. Rox11

Rox11 Member

It was tough do me first, but after a few weeks it got real better, wouldn't go back honestly