1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lonzo Ball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by LCAhmed, Nov 15, 2016.

1. likestohypeguy

Until this video the only Balls exposure I've had was reading quotes and getting mad along with talking heads on the radio, listening to them talk about these guys, disect quotes in a vacuum.

Just from that video I'm a fan now. The kid kind of distances himself from his dad's hyping as best he can by acting like he doesn't care either way, because Ball sr. can't be controlled anyway, & even the dad says this stuff with a very subtle tongue in cheek. Even the borderline racist quotes, I wish he wouldnt back off from them... I get it. It's just funny, entertaining. Watching the juxtaposition of their energies... I kind of like them.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think there is a good chance Lonzo Ball goes to the Lakers if they end up #3. Don't be surprised if Josh Jackson is the 2nd pick. Character questions may drop his stock though.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

It would be nice if he didn't have an insane dad.

He has some weakness, his handle is actually a bit suspect for a PG, partly because most of the time he just run and gun in transition, but when he need to make higher level handles in the half court it can be an adventure.

High pick for sure, but how he turns out would depend on the team, if it's a smart team that builds a type of high tempo high transition offense and personnel around him ,he'd be pretty damn good, if it's a dumb team that wants him to be Chris Paul, they might be sorely disappointed.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good for them!

Butterfingers likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude is treating his kids like show dogs

Yung-T likes this.
  7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I feel bad for any team that has to pick this guy up and listen to Lavar Ball. I'd like to see Lonzo end up on the Spurs just to see how Pops would react.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member

Someone will take him like mixon was taken.not spurs though.

His dad is so annoying by extension I wouldnt want him on my team if I was gm or owner. His dad is going to be at every practice and press conference barking diarrhea the whole time.

If i owned a team or was gm I wouldnt want to deal with the dad no matter how good the kid is

Yung-T likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

WHat makes you think that? He has a super annoying Dad. Im sure he toughened him up.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ball Buster

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Lakers will take him

12. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Big question is how the NBA will fix the draft. After doing it for CLE twice there is more scrutiny. Long gone are the days when they go behind a curtain then come back out to tell everyone the Knicks get Ewing.

13. rocketseagles07

As annoying as I think his dad is: 1) His dad never went to practice at UCLA 2) Why would you mention a kid who's quiet and hasn't done anything wrong in the same sentence as Joe Mixon?

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because I watched him play and in a particular game against Arizona he crumbled the second half when 1) the pressure was on and 2) he was dealing with a jammed finger on his off hand.

Also, if you think a dad being a giant douche means his kid will be tough then you severely mistaken.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He will not live up to expectations and it will be his dad's fault. Dad's behavior and mouth is putting way too much pressure on the kid before even being in the association.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#77 zeeshan2, May 4, 2017
    Last edited: May 4, 2017
  18. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They look better than Steph Curry's shoes.

Bennie Anders likes this.
  19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

495 dollars though:

Yung-T likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Shoes look like trash