1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets bench laughs at Roberson FT's

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 24, 2017.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

As long as he performs here then torpedoes the Mavericks and keep the Grizzlies from reaching their potential. I am OK with that.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Doesn't have Parsons' obsession of how his hair looks.

Speaking of which, I'm so glad he's injured, then I can root for Memphis with no guilt.

3. ECHKG

ECHKG Member

its not funny when they couldn't grab the rebound after the missed FT,...

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yeah... this team is very mature. Rockets team full of Iversons

5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This is a basketball game, a kids game. What are they supposed to do, act like stoners. Roberson should be embarrassed for shooting free throws so poorly. If your game is deficient in one area, you should work on it. If Capela in reverse situation, I wouldn't laugh at him, I would be mad at him. I have mad respect for M.Gasol, a center, he went from shooting a few 3s in a year to shooting over 104 in a year. If you work hard, it would payoff.

topfive likes this.
  6. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Trash talk part of the game anybody that's play basketball knows that. Nothing personal, i love it. Makes the games more interesting.

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

Former Rox assistant coach Jack Sikma hit 7 of 68 3pt attempts during his first 11 NBA seasons for a .103 percentage. In the next 3 seasons (his last in the league), he hit 196 out of 550 for .356. That's how you stay in the league a while longer.

8. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Looks classless but it feels so right.

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

everybody laughed at chuck hayes free throw and nobody said anything. laught it up guys!!!! LOL\

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It's funny how Capela is the only one not laughing. he's been there before and feels sorry for Roberson.

11. Know Your Role

Even Roy Rogers is laughing lol.

12. jogo

jogo Member

Why do we care if they're laughing at him? You can almost guarantee that it's making it harder for him to hit his FTs if he notices them. Don't we want him to miss them?

Maybe in the off-season Roberson takes this embarrassment to heart and works on his FTs.

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Oh noes! Grown men are getting laughed at for missing ft!!! :rolleyes:

14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Nobody cared when Hayes was getting laughed at....

15. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Am i missing something hear? Why is the media is turning this into a laugh gate. Listening to Josh innes on this topic and the douchebag ranted 5 minutes about waking up a sleeping giant, lolol.

16. Mr. Space City

17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Josh Innes has no credibility... if anything this will emotionally scar Roberson just like Nick Anderson was scarred.

18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Everyone that laughed at me, talked about me, or doubted me only motivated me. So if I'm Roberson, I'm working on doing better for myself and/or my teammates. And when my time came, I talked major noise.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. blackistan

blackistan Member

Idk how the dude is still on the radio..letting Charlie go and bringing in Josh was a horrible decision. I can't listen to 790 in the afternoon

ChumpCity and BigMaloe like this.
  20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I hadn't listened to Josh Innes before. I made the mistake of turning on the radio to his station the other day.

First, he goes on a rant about how Houston should just "accept" being dissed and stop whining about it. Well, Josh, if it were a Houston lifer telling us, maybe we'd listen. But pardon us from not wanting to listen to advice from someone who is clearly not that big of a Rockets fan.

He actually admitted that he is a big Astros but is not really a big fan of the Rockets or Texans. Then he goes on to say that Adam Clanton and others "have" to be rah-rah fans b/c they work for the team.

Hopefully, he reads this board:

No, Mr. Innes. There is a middle ground. You don't have to blindly support everything the team does; but you also don't have to be a lukewarm, largely indifferent supporter who feels he has to lecture us. You're in a major city and one of the town's 3 major teams is in the middle of a playoff run. How about at least feigning some enthusiasm? Show that you give at least 1 **** about the team you're covering. Is it that hard?

I don't want someone who's going to be a 100% homer, but we also don't need someone who, truth be told, doesn't even give a ****. When asked about the Rockets, he said, "well, I'm a really, really big fan of Harden."

Be gone, sir.

ChumpCity, BigMaloe and payaso like this.