1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets bench laughs at Roberson FT's

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think he actually has been shooting better than 50% from 3 in this series.

It is strange. Signed, Iguodala

2. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

This is truth. You can totally ignore that troll. If you're a part of #RedNation on twitter and he's blocked you, it's like a badge of honor. He blocked me for pulling receipts on him regarding some hypocritical BS he was spewing a while back when he was going at it with RocketIntellect. His opinion is less than worthless

KlutchQT likes this.
  3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Yeah, I got blocked by him. Don't know when, but I can't see his stupidity on my timeline.

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Adam Clanton is a rockets homer so respect for that haha, howeva, he has no room to criticize people who play a game for a living for their unprofessionalism.

5. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

There's been a lot of players like that throughout NBA history. Bruce Bowen for instance. And although, he didn't shoot 3's, Tim Duncan had some years where he was awful fromt he FT line, despite being a good shooter in the flow of the game.

6. arubato

arubato Member

So what does this guy wants the Rockets to do? Give Roberson morale support?

Pen15clubber and bobloblaw like this.
  7. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

you know during timeouts, quarter breaks, half time, how they have those shooting competitions for prizes, they say make 4 free throws in 30 seconds or something. I see so regularly average joes hitting those free throws. There is also pressure on those free throws sometimes your whole section gets a free hamburger or something, but they still hit them.
    Then you take a professional nba player like roberson who can barely hit the iron half the time, why wouldnt you laugh? The fact he struggles that bad from the free throw line is laughable and a joke, I hope to see more hack a roberson in game 4

8. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

this will come back to hurt us in a big way

9. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

not really a big deal to me but ...

don't give your opponent bulletin board material ala TMac's premature "glad to get out of the 1st round" (up 3-1 too)

laughing at the competition, however woeful, is tacky. leave that for us fans.

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Well it kind of did when OKC missed a FT and kicked it back out to Russ for a 3; at that point I thought maybe we should chill on clowning FT attempts bc we weren't dialed in on getting the rebound.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Or instead focus on being better at effort rebounds.

vtjsr2 likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

How about the disrespect when you slack off a Rubio or rondo on defense because they can't shoot? Come on; this is nothing

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Are we sure they are "laughing"? They were into game the and each missed free throw enabled us more and more to get into the game. It could be just as much of them celebrating as "laughing".

I hate the hack-a strategy. It ruins the flow and intent of the game. But after watching teams do that against Dwight and us for the past 3 years I don't have much pity. The NBA needs change that rule and until they do this will keep happening

14. anchel

anchel Member

Embarrassing. Hope someone put those kids in place.

15. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Lmao!!!
    Harrell looks like he got diaherra as soon as the ball missed... he shoudve fell to the floor

16. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

This is the NBA playoffs. We don't have to be friends.

BigMaloe likes this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He's not a great 3pt shooter either, worse than our beloved Corey Brewer. Anyway, poor FT shooting on this level has a lot to do with mental state. That's why laughing at him is not disrespectful but more akin to trash talking, getting into a guy's mental state. It's the same thing as fans doing distracting things when the opponent is shooting FT.

That said, personally, I don't really like trash talking either. Athletes should get into the opponent's psyche by how superior they are, not by talking.

18. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

Hope no one does this **** to Clint in the playoffs.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Only two things disrespectful and disgraceful here are:

1. Samuel Dekker a scrubbish player whose FT's haven't been that much better and his himself shooting at 56% which is truly pathetic for a perimeter player. Maybe he should look in the mirror?

2. Andre Roberson a guard clanging all those free throws. Dude, you're in the NBA, you should suck so much at freebies

Pen15clubber likes this.
  20. Newlin

Newlin Member

He who laughs last, laughs best.

When this season is over, will the Rockets be laughing or crying?