1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] 2016-17 NBA MVP Voting Tracker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by samtaylor, Apr 11, 2017.

1. mrfulee

mrfulee Member

sorry,man.I did not get a vote,But I Love Rockets very much.

2. mrfulee

mrfulee Member

I think James is better than Russ.

3. mrfulee

mrfulee Member

Thank u very much!

jbasket and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  4. mrfulee

mrfulee Member

My English is poor..I just know few words here

jsingles, Os Trigonum and jbasket like this.
  5. split41

split41 Member

Can they ride this guy's dick any harder, I really hope Russ craps the bed in the playoffs, I'd love to see the mental gymnastics they'll have to pull to continue propping him up.

If Harden craps the bed...oh boy, will they pile it on him. For someone who will probably lose the MVP James has a **** load of pressure on him coming into this series.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  6. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

7. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Bill simmons chose Harden!

Although Harden may lose, it gives me solace that smart basketball guys like Simmons and Lowe chose Harden over Westbrook (Lowe had Kawhi first, Harden second, Westbrook third!).

RocketWalta, mrm32, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This gives me no solace at all. In fact, probably even less solace than I would have if they picked otherwise.

We know who has votes. We've kept track of their reasoning. Smart guys who do tons of analysis can vote for whoever they want, but they still don't matter because the vast majority of the voters are going off popularity and stats.

DreamShook likes this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

It's apparent that Harden has the intellectuals in his corner while Westbrook's corner is filled with voters like this,

[​IMG]

RocketWalta and BigMaloe like this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Who cares? I wish Harden and Westbrook's camps were switched. Then Harden would win.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

No it doesn't. He's narrowed his real top guys to guy's on teams that are top in their conference. Then factored in their individual play, stats, and impact to their team.
    Both the Rockets and Cavs would be horrible without their guys. And while Lebron wasn't as good statistically offensively, he's a better defender by far.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I don't, just confirming the other post that Harden has the nerds while Russ has the cheerleaders. As an adult now I'd rather have the nerds on my side but as a horny teenager I'd rather have the cheerleaders.

13. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Davide Chinellato from Italy votes:

1. Harden
    2. Westbrook

14. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

Wow, a pleasant surprise.

Also, I'm sure you're very busy, but just wanted to give you a heads up that Bill Simmons voted for Harden! Thanks for keeping this tally. I hope Harden can receive the award that he so clearly deserves.

15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the board sir.

16. split41

split41 Member

Simmons voting for Harden, just realized someone else posted this, my bad.

But his article deserves it's own thread, great read and a great case for Harden

17. split41

split41 Member

People make the argument that when Westbrook sits the teams goes to ****, LeBron has the biggest +/- on and off court number of all the MVP candidates. There's a reason he's playing ridiculous amounts of minutes when he should be sitting.

Voting LeBron as second including impact + team performance + individual stats

It's easy to make LeBron a second pick, hardly foolish, imo. I can understand the reasoning. He wouldn't be my pick for #2, but I can see it

18. Normalus

Normalus Member

There's no way Harden wins it. Just be realistic guys.

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Same here. I was glad he went Harden. I thought Harden would land arnovitz and Lowe also but it appears they copped out to avoid scrutiny it feels. I really thought they were all going to vote harden/kawhi/wb

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

At the rate we're going, Harden might not even get second.

I freaking hate the double standard here by sooo many reporters. The ones who vote for Kawhi say that we need a complete player at MVP, these were the same idiots who lined up in drones to vote for Curry. Then there's the idiots who say record doesn't matter. Yet again, then why the Curry votes? Look, James Harden is an *******. I get it. He plays ugly ass basketball that exploits the rules. I get that too. But this isn't a popularity contest. The metric was winning and individual player stats. Now, because you don't like the winner you want to change the system to just player stats. Screw off.

Crashlanded19 and J.R. like this.