1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone know a tentative 2017 playoff schedule?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by CaptainRox, Apr 4, 2017.

1. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Just wanted to see if anyone knew a tentative NBA play off schedule. Specifically, what games will be played 4/15. Was planning to drive with a cousin to see the potential cavaliers Pacers series since I'm no longer in Houston and am in the midwest

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There's no information available, as far as I know. The round 1 games start April 15 and April 16 though, so there's a 50:50 chance Cavs will play that day.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@Kam is your man for figuring this out. He has like 95% accuracy when he makes his prediction, but might have a pretty good idea about which day Lebron will play before then.

One of the keys is to check the NHL playoff schedules and concert schedules for all the home arenas in question, since it's difficult to rollover the arena quickly. Some teams will not be able to play Sat or Sun, so will petition the league to play the alternate day. For instance, WSH Capitols (Verizon Center) is a lock to have HCA, and BOS and TOR probably make the playoffs

NHL schedule will be released before the last week of the NBA season. The playoffs start Wed 12th for some series and Thurs for others, in 2-2-1-1-1 format. Sometimes they play B2B for the first two games or have 2 days rest, but usually every other day for the 1st 4 games.

Also, check past years to see if there is a pattern to the league wanting Lebron to play on Sun vs Saturday.

#3 heypartner, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    BigMaloe, ramotadab and LCAhmed like this.
  4. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

No clue yet. That's a busy weekend for me already with it being Easter. My guess is if the Rockets play the Thunder, it'll be an afternoon game on Sunday or on Saturday night. If it's the Grizzlies, they'll bury it late Sunday night.

5. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I'm no loner in Houston and am in the Midwest (Chicago) and was going to drive to Cleveland to take my little cousin as a grad present to see a play off game and both of us see or first game where we see Lebron James pay live

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Key is figuring out the matchups and the hot teams for ratings. ABC will get first pick on 4/15 and 4/16 for their 3:30est game. Then TNT will grab their games for Sunday. Then ESPN will get the left over games for Saturday nite.

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Usually this is how it works.. with espn and nbatv carrying most of the eastern playoffs games... and then TNT getting the last night west coast games.... warriors etc...

If the Rockets match up with OKC look for us to get the ABC game and early TNT games..!