1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Fuy can someone please get the boxscore of the Spurs vs OKC game trending.....The entire starting team were a positive in the +/- except for westbrook.
    i mean he got a triple doube and his entire starting lineup was a positive except for himself???? thats not an MVP he was -10 and they lost by 5 , come one get this going

DonKnock and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's over my friend. Only thing the media cares about is the triple double.

DreamShook likes this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's not happening. There are a lot of damning Westbrook videos on YouTube and no one is having it. Westbrook is the People's champ.

DonKnock and J Sizzle like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao at Steven Adams

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I really do think that Harden would be getting the 10 rpg that he needs in order to average a triple double if we employed the same strategy that OKC does. You could probably count around 4-5 rebounds each game that Ariza and Nene could easily concede to Harden if they wanted to.

#2206 Reeko, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  7. DreamEarlNolan

Watching these videos of Westbrook padding his stats and steeling his big men's rebounds, I have to wonder if another star player would ever want to play with him. Who would want to play with such a selfish player?

DonKnock likes this.
  8. HRox832

HRox832 Member

No wonder Durant left

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

my suspicion is that Westbrook not contesting shots is a deliberate strategy

1) their best chance to score is him getting a defensive rebound and pushing a fast break

2) OKC is not a natural free agent destination, and the chance to play with the MVP might help in that regard, so they want to pump his stats to get the award

DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@heypartner subscribes to the "letting the PG get the defensive rebound" strategy. It makes sense. it's a sound strategy.

I, however, don't think OKC is deliberately letting Russ get these rebounds to start the break faster; it's 100% to pad stats.

RockWest likes this.
  11. valorita

valorita Member

I want to say OKC leads the league in rebounding.

So even if he the numbers are inflated, as long as there is team rebs success, which there is, nobody should whine about these uncontested rebounds.

That's like saying Harden's stats are inflated because he has D'antoni's system, which it is, but leads to wins.

If you need another example, you dont hear Hardens teammates or coaching staff complaining about his turnovers because all they care about it the numbers as a team.

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This **** still going on? Close this thread and re-open if/when James Harden wins MVP. Too much of the energies are sent here

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

You just worked that out ? it was pointed out at the start of the season that this is what they want him to do

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Let me give you a tip, and anyone else sick of seeing this thread.

The OP of this thread was banned. (Don't remember why.). Just put him on ignore and thread disappears. Placing him on ignore won't make you miss his posts or replies to his posts, since he's banned and can't post anymore.

Click his name here, and then click ignore and the thread goes away.
    @HardenTime

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know why he was banned.

Clutchfans is a team site for Diehard Rockets fans who respect and love the Houston Rockets, it's never about one player being more important than the city of Houston and the Rockets.

You were there at the genesis of this holy site, you were there for the summit of pure Rockets fandom.

You are my brother

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If it makes sense and is a sound strategy, why are you saying its "100%" to pad stats, as opposed to say 50% or some other number?

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Not even .00000000001% allocated to strategy.
    100% to pad stats! ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!

DonKnock likes this.
  18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Then that's a dumb strategy. "Hey, lets give up open shots so you can start the break". Doubt it buddy. I can see that argument on the FTs but highly doubt the gameplsn is for one player to ignore defense.

19. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Not by ignoring defense.

20. Lightsnowaction

Good for Harden sitting. Putting the team first and forgeting the MVP talk.