1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Iron Fist (Netflix)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jan 19, 2016.

1. conquistador#11

i finished it and I change what I said of good for what it is to It's ok for what it is. The Dad, Harold, was too over the top for even over the top characters, reminded me of Luke Cage's lost brother, Willis but worse.

I thought Tom Telphrey( from Banshee) had the most sincere acting out of the whole cast. I could definitely see him nabbing an oscar next year for a movie about a cross dressing asian Muslim cage fighter stricken by a terminal disease having to make ends meet.

Most cool moments out of the series were the A-ha take on me karaoke and drunk fighter.

2. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

They seriously need to do a major recast of the characters. The drunk asian guy who he fought is 10000x more qualified to be Iron Fist. Also why does Finn Jones always sound like he's whispering even when he's trying to raise his voice? Show is a massive turd and can't believe how much of a let down it was.

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

Can't recast now. Too late. They messed up when they decided to have an ounce of athletic ability to pull off martial arts was not necessary. Amateur acting skills are the priority!

Finn, Jessica Henwick, her students. All of them. Awful.

Blame it on the fight and stunt choreographer. Fire him and hire a new person. Fire the camera guy. Hire a new guy that can mask all the actor's inability to fight with stunt doubles. It's all you can do at this point.

And ffs, get Finn in the gym. Dude looks like some dweeb who has never lifted a weight, never thrown a punch or a kick and has zero agility or coordination or flexibility. Might as well have cast Ryan Bowen. That's how out of place Finn looks.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seriously. Nothing about his attitude, stature, built or movements said Martial Artist.
    I have been saying this looked more like GYMKATA than Iron Fist

And this guy was a trained athlete!

Rocket River

Pen15clubber and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

I love me some drunken masters.

6. dmoneybangbang

To be fair to Iron Fist, they didn't have the same amount of time to train the actors and choreograph like Daredevil. If the fight scenes were better than I could deal with a mediocre story.

DreamShook likes this.
  7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Because his bff Davos has the same speech impediment, I'm guessing that's the accent of Kunlun, gruff American English with occasional fortune cookie Buddha phrases.

Christian Bale trained there.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Yearoftheyao likes this.
  9. VanityHalfBlack

More Scott Adkins, you're welcome ;)

10. VanityHalfBlack

Come on man, this is my wheelhouse.

11. VanityHalfBlack

7 pages and no one dropped a Van Damme reference? WOW, you guys???

The real Iron Fist:

12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

So I realize I'm in the minority here, but I find myself actually enjoying this show...

13. Caesar

Caesar Member

Can't compare to Daredevil fight scnes. He always wore a mask, which is perfect for using doubles that can actually perform the fighting moves with skill.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Its not like that wasn't an option for iron fist. They could of given him his mask.

Caesar likes this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I enjoyed it for a while, but around the 8th episode it started going off the rails for me. Overall I think it was about on par with Luke Cage.

Caesar likes this.
  16. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Ah ok. I think I've gotten through 6. So we will see..

17. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

I'm almost to the end. I enjoyed it so far. I liked it better than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. Both of those shows were good in the beginning but got boring for me in the end. The fight scenes aren't as good as Daredevil but still better than Luke Cage just standing there while bullets bounce off his unbreakable skin.

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I finished it, but the season didn't seem complete. Not much to take from all those episodes.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rand is kinda weakling without his chi and too metro sexual.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They try to make it up with Colleen Wing.....

I appreciate they try speaking Mandarin yet barely hitting the right intonations, even the so called Asian actors.

#140 daywalker02, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017