1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jared Sullinger will be waived by the Phoenix Suns.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gabion, Feb 24, 2017.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I've argued with people on here who said they wouldn't even want LeBron lmao

2. jayfree

jayfree Member

I'm just waiting for LeBron to be bought out........... Any day now............ (sinks head) Any day now!

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Doesn't he have bone on bone?

4. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I'm one of those people! Not sure if you and I have argued, but that's my position on the matter

5. rocketsmetalspd

6'9" I believe the team needs a 6'11" plus Center that can man the paint. Need someone that can rebound and defend in the paint. Scoring would be an added bonus.

mikol13 and Plowman like this.
  6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

So I guess now I'm obsolete. Deserves its own thread

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brilliant.

DD

8. amaru

amaru Member

Don't see how he addresses a weakness

D-rock likes this.
  9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

we can always use more redundant players to rot on the bench. he's 6'9 but he's huge so he can warm that mofo up better than kj and ennis combined

10. Parley

Parley Member

He can body up with opposing bigs.

11. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

MontrezL Harrell is the next LeBron so we don't need two.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Who are we afraid we need to "body" up with? Cousins? So far, Nene we have for that.

He doesn't really address anything.

D-rock likes this.
  13. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Last night was a layup drill for the Wolves against us.. I don't think Sullinger will help minimize that.

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Well, DM needs to find one more big for depth in the front court for the playoffs.

We were going to trade for Taj Gibson/filler, but that fell through in the last hours when OKC made the deal. (You can verify that by a search btw)

The Bulls wanted Bev initially, but DM wasn't having it allegedly. Then, our second offer involved a combo of KJ/pick/cash, which was almost agreed upon. Unfortunately, we all can see that OKC pounced and we lost our Taj Mahal. One Ear mentioned that we were somewhat close to including my dude Trev in the deal, but we took him out of the offer. Losing Trev would have destroyed chemistry here....he does so much that goes unnoticed, including getting Harden the ball in good spots. He's also one of our best passers into the post, out of bounds and in crunch time

.***Hindsight: Before Brewer was dealt, Chi-town was going to be his taker, but when SweetLou became available (along with SwaggyP), Morey chose to go for the guard/scorer deal first. I get it...personally, though, I think Taj fills a need more so than Lou. However, I agree that he's played fantastically well for us.

Anyway, I haven't checked around much yet on waivers/buy-out ish, but I am not comfortable going against Memphis or any team without some better rim protection and intelligence. Clint is still inexperienced and NeNe can play big minutes, but that's not in our best interest unless absolutely necessary.

Sully gives a nice, bulky scoring punch though. I like adding him MUCH MORE than Andrew Freakin' Bogut. I don't know how much I could clap for him. He's an absolute scum bag...players are not fond of him. I've heard stories about him off of the court that make me dislike him even more.

But, Big is Big...he sets great picks (when they go unnoticed)...but I genuinely dislike the guy almost as much as I dislike Faried, Draymond, RickyRubio and a former Rocket who plays for the Nets (Remember the Portland series? Yeah, I still remember this guy being a huge reason we gave away two games due to mental errors)...among other players :)

15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Ariza is who I was guessing was being alluded to as the piece we would regret moving.

Any thoughts on Larry Sanders, Kendrick Perkins, or Raphael Putney/D-League guys?

16. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ariza is the guy who feeds James and everyone else on the team. Pat gives us strong ball handling, but with James controlling everything, I think Trev would have been the bigger loss. Taj would have been AMAZING in this offense though.

All I've heard about Sanders is kind of what's out there anyway. It's all mixed reviews. Some have said he looks great for not playing for a long time; some have said he's out of shape, in terms of losing muscle and agility. He's not overweight by any means, but his lateral movement is poor to average, depending on who you speak with.

If he can work himself into shape, I'd take a look. We are thin in the paint, outside of Nene. Trez is undersized, Clint is thin, FlyRy is by no means a defensive stopper, etc...

Josh Smith, anyone? ;)

Edit: Also in hindsight: I never heard anything about us being close to signing Wilson Chandler, though it may have been true. Either way, that would not have been a good transaction for us in comparison to SweetLou and/or TaJ. WC is Trev amplified, but without the playoff experience. No thanks..

heypartner, Deuce, craguin and 5 others like this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He is actually oversized.

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Great info! Thanks Codman.

craguin and Codman like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm ready to sign Smoove and Lance Stephenson right now. Smoove backs up both the 5 and 4 spots, Born Ready can back up 1,2 or 3. Both can facilitate, score, rebound and D. Smoove can run up and down the court, unlike Sullinger, and still the better shot blocker.

#39 D-rock, Feb 26, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
    HTX Ninja likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

And under-tall.

heypartner likes this.