1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Two Seed vs Three Seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Feb 24, 2017.

1. rocketseagles07

Avoid Utah at all costs PLEASE

2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, well idk if I can get behind an example that's only happened once in NBA history. If we're firing on all cylinders come playoff time, sure we can beat the Spurs without HCA. But it's just gonna be a lot tougher.

3. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

At least twice. First example is a duh. The other? 8th seed Knicks after lockout? Then again, they didn't beat the Spurs either.

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

We're locked in at the 3 seed. We won't catch the Spurs for the 2 seed nor will anyone catch us for the 3 seed.

5. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

;). True but fairness I gave you two examples where hca didn't prevail just from the Rockets alone. There are boat loads of examples where HCA didn't prevail. HCA is more correlation rather than causation. The reason you get HCA is because you played better all season long which usually means you are a better team. It's not uncommon that one team fades while the other team peaks.

This Rockets team conceivably still have a peak ahead of them with the addition of Lou plus keeping everyone else healthy. If they improve, I'm seriously not scared about playing anyone anywhere. If they limp into the playoffs, well...

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No you're locked in at the 11th seed. LMAO

7. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

exactly, instead of looking ahead how about look back and see Jazz is only 4 games after us, just play good ball, develop good chemistry so that we would be peaking at the time of post season. that's most important right now

TheRealAllpro and ramotadab like this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

We are going to win 100% of our games from here on out, don't be a pessimist.

mfastx and Killatron 2000 like this.
  9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

i hope we play OKC in round one! It'll be fun times to get them back for the series they beat us in.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's not really true. Historically the home team is 101-24 (81%) in Game 7 of all NBA playoffs series.

When two teams are about equal in strength, home court is a huge advantage by the percentage of win-loss at home.

heypartner likes this.
  11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Haha, do you have an alert for when @swyyyguy posts?? You're on him like J.J. Watt on a ham sandwich......because he's fat, amirite?? ;)

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  12. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

It matters - but I don't personally think it matters to an extent that I would be upset with finishing third. It's a small variable in a complicated equation. My answer is almost always the same in these playoff hypotheticals. The most important thing is to go into the playoffs with a healthy, well-oiled machine with all the kinks worked out.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Huh? :confused:

14. jsingles

jsingles Member

We can give the 2nd seed talk a rest. The Spurs are closer to the 50-9 Warriors than we are to the Spurs.