1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much hate do Muslims deal with?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We already answered this question, Muslims have to put up with more than some, but a lot less than others when it comes to hate.

/thread

2. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Like I heard how some people make fun of tards or whatever? It might seem cool? Until u imagine being a Muslim + tard combo? It's not. They take more heat than ur normal Muslim terrorist.

[​IMG]

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sad stuff honestly. Just ****ing sad.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...ken-for-arabs.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl
    2 Indian-Americans Shot, Mistaken for Arabs
    [​IMG]

The white man suspected of shooting two men, killing one, allegedly told a bartender before his arrest that he had killed two Middle Eastern men. According to the The Kansas City Star, Adam Purinton, 51, was arrested at an Applebee’s bar where he’d been drinking five hours after the shooting. He reportedly told the bartender—who called police—that he needed to hide out. According to the Star, at least one witness heard Purinton yell “get out of my country” shortly before shooting two men he believed to be Middle Eastern. As it turns out, the two victims—Srinivas Kuchibhotla, who died from his injuries; and Alok Madasani—appear to be of Indian descent and worked as aviation systems engineers at Garmin. A third victim, Ian Grillot, was shot in the hand and shoulder while reportedly trying to defend the other victims.

4. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

The world isn't fair or nice. No one has it easy. Whether you get picked on because you are muslim,
    buddhist, short, fat, ugly, dumb or for any reason, just man up and deal with it.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

read the last post scumbag

jo mama likes this.
  6. Exiled

Exiled Member

RIP

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You're a ****in idiot. A person died dumb ass, how the **** do you deal with that?

DudeWah and joshuaao like this.
  8. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Are you ****ing kidding me? This is, without exaggeration, the worst post I've ever read on CF. I actually feel bad that you are this ignorant and/or hateful.

DudeWah and joshuaao like this.
  9. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

DudeWah likes this.
  10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yeh. If you can't man up and deal with being shot to death by a stranger, ur just denying reality. I am a ****ing idiot.

DudeWah likes this.
  11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, trying to change injustices never works and isn't worthwhile. It's always better to just live with something wrong and just deal with it.

What kind of idiots want to actually make the world a better place?

Great post!

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

DudeWah and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

14. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

one of the guys who got shot cant "man up" because he is dead.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I can't tell whether @Rocketman1981 is a real conservative or a sociopath hiding behind conservatism

16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

That's what's wrong with this country.

First you give participation trophies and the next thing you know people are complaining about getting shot to death. In the 1950s you didn't hear people complaining about being shot to death. That's when men were men, women knew where they belonged, black people didn't live on my street and business wasn't being oppressed by the government!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Or both (they are often the same thing)....

18. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

For ALL of your Information my family is from Pakistan and I grew up near Tomball, Texas.

I wasn't referring at all to the two people that were shot. That is a disgusting terrible crime and that
    criminal will spend the rest of his life in prison for what he did.

My sentiments are that muslims I know and even family are trying to play the victim card and its
    a bunch of nonsense. I tell my family and muslim friends that the world will not play nice and that
    they must not be sensitive to childish taunts.

What is IRONIC is i'm here as a Pakistani muslim that grew up around mainly rednecks and i'm getting lectured
    a bunch of white men about how terrible it is and the hate i'm getting as a muslim in America.

Its en vogue now days to cry racism and foul and such where the muslim community highly successful,
    educated and are in amazing circumstances relative to our home countries and its just weak to complain
    and cry foul.

Its like feminism as its not about equality its about an entitlement to get a leg up. Its also about being able
    to say provocative things and then cry racism when called out.

cml750 and sugrlndkid like this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

From time to time (when I don't wanna listen to music or Texans talk ) I tune in to josh Ennis on 790 on the way home . The other day (may have been yesterday) he was talking about Muslims and how he fears them . He suggested that the rockets should put a tarp over Hakeem Olajuwon's plaque becuase he's Muslim .

I know he said this to get a reaction , so I just turned the channel , but still ... The fact that opinions like this are espoused on sports ducking radio is incredible . I can see Rush or Hannity or another conservative talk show host saying something of the same ilk , but to say it on a sports radio show .. Is in poor taste.

I dunno how much **** Muslims deal with . I'm a Jew who works at the JCC and I haven't heard anything derogatory in person . But my circles are probably fairly liberal despite being in Texas (as Houston is a big city)

Just a story I thought I'd share .

Social norms are an interesting concept and racism and xenophobia in action and thought is a reflection of those taught norms .

Thinking of it . I've never seen it go the other way . I don't know any people that weren't scared and had hatred for Muslims that became hateful ... But then again I was in elementary school for 9/11 . But I've definitely see respect and understanding earned the other way .

20. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Way to make this world better, good perspective to take