1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HELP] Locked out of Android phone

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Haymitch, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So I wanted to do 2 things tonight. 1) change my Google password, and 2) factory reset my android phone.

So I go and reset my Google password. No prob. Then Factory Reset my phone.

When my factory reset phone reboots it asks me to select a language, a wifi connection, and then to sign in to my Google account. So I type in my Google email and then password - it looks like everything's all good, but then it re-asks my to enter in my email and password. And so on and so on, forever. WTF. I know I'm putting in my email and password right (I go to a laptop and double-check I'm using the right email/password), yet it still isn't working.

So after some light Googling I found some others who had this problem. Apparently if you change your Google password, do not do a factory reset for at least 72 hours. Google does not let you put a recently updated account on a new device for 72 hours, I read.

But that's all I could find on it. I couldn't find anything helpful. Does anyone know any way I can log back in my phone without waiting 72 hours? It normally wouldn't be a big deal, but tomorrow and this weekend I have some stuff going on and would really like to have my phone.

(BLU Vivo XL, running [I think] android 5.1)

TIA!

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Do you know anyone else with a google account? Can you maybe have them put their information in JUST so you can access your phone? Then, when you do access your phone, just change the account back to yours?

Yung-T likes this.
  3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

You can try taking it to the Genius Bar.

ramotadab likes this.
  4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This one is easy. Set the phone down. Leave it there. Go to the Highland Village Apple Store and find a young pretty sales associate with interesting hair. Use your charm and interact with her while she sets you up with a new iPhone. Finally, take a selfie with her on your new phone before you leave.

Thats what I would do.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Nope, you're stuck. I had this happen to me on a Friday afternoon and didn't have a phone all weekend. I Googled furiously, and apparently there is no fix for this and A LOT of people have had this issue and are mad pissed about it.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Call Homeland Security.

ramotadab likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Figured that was the case but was hoping otherwise. Oh well.

I'll just tweet Trump directly.

8. Buck Turgidson

9. ramotadab

ramotadab Member

This worked for my Sony phone. I hope it works on your BLU as well.