1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving is a flat-Earth truther?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by heypartner, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You guys just have been brainwashed about a round earth since your birth. If you were born in an enlightened world that let you see through the brainwashing, you wouldn't be sneering at Kyrie.

I mean, walk out the door and look at the earth. It is FLAT! Those of you who live in Houston don't even have the excuse of your sight being blocked by mountains.

Poor folks your minds are so warped by the brainwashing that you even believe a flat earth to be round like a basketball. Such an obvious lie. :eek:

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  2. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

Google image the United Nations logo. The truth has been staring you in the face all along.

BTW gravity does not exist either.

3. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Why does the ISS fly over my house repeatedly if gravity doesn't exist?

4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

*Deleted for Lameness*

#44 Shroopy2, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  5. bigballerj

bigballerj Member

NASA is a huge scam. Those pictures that they show you of earth from 'outer space' are CGI.

6. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Not asking about pictures. Asking about a satellite you can see with your own eyes ...

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Well, it's not like he's on a flight 8-10 times a month where he can ask a pilot who is navigating an aircraft if he's flying in a straight or curved line.

There is something wrong with the way you think if you are 100% certain a book collated together thousands of years ago is 100% accurate while virtually all scientists are willing to collude and lie.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

What? Why would some fragmented, flat pieces mean the earth isn't round?

Also, flat-earth defies physics, unless you do it like them and throw out every part of physics that doesn't support your theory while also magically creating an upwards acceleration that is the only way of partially explaining gravity effects.

And they don't even explain how they naturally arrive at the necessary 9.8 m/s² upwards acceleration they propose, as they just cherrypicked the number until it explained what they want it to say. That's basically correct physics done exactly the wrong way. In real physics, you do the numbers and then try to validate them via observation, while flat-earthers do it the other way round and cheaply fake numbers to explain what they want to believe.

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Contrary to popular belief no one has actually proven the earth is not flat. People have been brainwashed by the Judeo-Christian line of thought over the last 500 years. It is a common meme to laugh at people with differing viewpoints. Many years ago, no one believed in climate change or aliens, but this has proven to be a fact by actual science. Kyrie is a smart guy. An intellectual lightweight can't attend Duke. So I'm pretty sure he is better informed and qualified to have opinions on this matter than at least 98% of this BBS.

MorningZippo likes this.
  10. ABS

ABS Member

Ever seen the movie, Avatar? Its been a while since I seen it but there was a scene where they climbed a Floating Mountain to get to those "big birds" they flew on. That's an example of a flat-earth land mass.

Now, you put a bunch of those slabs of flat-earth together, you got yourself one big land mass as we live on today. And by it "forming" together, the mantle beneath gives it an aerodynamic appeal, right? But pull them back apart, it's fragement parts like that Floating Mountain on Avatar.

Then you have clouds all around it from the gravitional-pull to keep it around those slabs of flat-earth and further "curving" the appeal of the land mass. Then there's the ocean waters, and with the Ozone layers keeping everything down-to-earth (gravitational pull) and pinned in it's place, the ocean water shapes a curvature design of the flat-earth. That's just a concept, though.

#50 ABS, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Hope this is sarcasm, physics don't allow a flat-earth and there are live videostreams of the ISS that show you how Earth is round.

If you think a flat-earth believer that also denies the existence of dinosaurs and only attended Duke because of Basketball talent is smarter than 98% of the board, you must be incredibly naive (or as stupid as him?).

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There is no gravitational pull in FE theory.

13. ABS

ABS Member

Well, I do read alot, man. Im not saying Im an Expert on scientific matters but it's pretty obvious the Earth has a gravitational pull once an object breach the ozone layer; that object will come in like a bullet and make a big impact on Earth's soil or in the ocean.

What caused that uptick in acceleration when something like a comet breach our ozone layer??

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That's exactly my point, a gravitional pull is basic physics and we can see it all the time. Hence why I said there's no pull and active gravity on earth in flat-earth theory, so I was confused why you'd mention it to defend the theory.

15. ABS

ABS Member

No, that's a flawed thinking. The speed of the comet in Space is one thing but when it breaches the ozone layer, there is an "uptick" in acceleration....or the velocity.

Its a gravitation pull, man. It is the reason we, as humans, are on the ground and not adrift in a floating manner. And that's because of a gravitational pull keeping us on the ground.

If you're outside of Earth.....say, on the moon. And if you jump, you gonna float and have an elevation that's longer than if you jump inside the Earth's ozone layer. You have a sharp ascend upward but a sharp descend downward.

That hints to a gravitation pull.

A Black-hole also have a gravitation pull the closer you get to the vortex. There's a science behind it but gravitational pulls are real.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he wins trophies and ships, who cares ......

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It seems you don't understand what I'm saying.
    I've repeatedly stated that gravitational pulls are a part of essential physics and real.

I was merely pointing out that you used the mechanics of a gravitional pull in order to explain and defend flat-earth theory, but flat-earth theory itself explicitly states that there's no gravity or gravitional pull.
    So instead of making a case for flat-earth theory, you used your knowledge of physics to show that flat-earth is wrong and defies physics.

18. ABS

ABS Member

I hear you and again, that's a flawed thinking. Why would flat-earth Believers say there's no gravity or a gravitational pull on a flat-earth if they believe we living on a flat-earth and there's gravity keeping us on the groundl??

Logically, a flat-earth is not some kind of "diminishing-value" to a gravitational pull. A gravitational pull or gravity has to do with the ozone layer, not the Earth/Land Mass itself.

It's like an "invisible wall" of the ozone layer is what gives earth it's round view. I touched on that when I explained how the clouds and ocean waters is held together by a gravitation pull, and it's pulling in a circular or curvature manner around a flat-earth.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So basically, you haven't really read up on the theory and still try to defend it, even when it directly contradicts your (correct) views on gravity?
    I already explained it, flat-earth theory proposes a magical upwards acceleration of 9.8m/s² that's supposed to explain an absence of gravity. Their nonsense view is that earth is being moved upwards by 9.8m/s² and that objects aren't being pulled down, but instead are being caught up by the upwards moving Earth.

Again, there is no gravitional pull or classic gravity in flat-earth theory, you should read about the theory a bit more before claiming I'm being wrong. You are directly contadicting flat-earth theorists with your gravity statements and yet still act like you're supporting the theory.

20. ABS

ABS Member

No, Im not contradicting anything Ive said. What I think is the confusion is this fundamental lack of understanding about the "upward acceleration of 9.8m/s2."

The upward acceleration of the flat-earth is akin to Earth itself sitting in an open, upward motion just the same. What you're not accounting for is the "OZONE LAYER" in the midst of the flat-earth or around it...or engulfing it that makes possible a gravitational pull.

You are correct that I didn't read up on the theory but based on what you shared, Im pretty sure you misunderstood (not necessarily saying you're wrong or anything) the "upward acceleration."

I gave an example of the movie, Avatar, with the Floating Mountain........that pretty much lines up with this "upward acceleration. The Floating Mountain floats near the clouds and always in motion in a see-saw like movement.

And there was gravity on the flat-earth. Otherwise, what the point of saying "Earth" itself is a flat-earth with no gravity? The logic doesn't wash if those Believers live on Earth, and believe Earth is flat but no gravity yet, gravity is keeping them on the grounds of the flat-earth?

So, it's most likely you misunderstood the upward acceleration, just guessing.