1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's the deal with Wiltjer?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Jan 27, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I get what you're saying, but it might be the other way around. We pay more attention to the minutes of players we hate.

Do you follow the game threads much? I'm pretty sure Brewer is high on that list of attention per minute played. Just search for the word "sewer".

I'm getting a strange feeling of cfnet deja vu with this exchange. I feel like we've said this before.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

They are preparing the secret weapon.

DonKnock, Ramo$e and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

His jeans are brutal. Poor guy trying to fit in

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe he has to work his way up from Cheerleader" to "Dressing the part" to "Walking the Walk" before he earns more minutes.

5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'm sure the wait er weight room is yelling for him to not take a pass.

deb4rockets likes this.
  6. alethios

alethios Member

Well behind Royce White.

ClutchCityReturns and heypartner like this.
  7. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Prob doesn't have money to spend on clothes
    Maybe he uses his money toward something that matters. Like a house and a savings account

8. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Also been wondering this. Just curious. I tend to notice those random things. Has he been practicing?

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I just thought it was odd that his name isn't even mentioned by the broadcasters or in any of the articles in the Chronicle. They mentioned him coming back, then once he showed up at the games he was never mentioned again.

OldYelllowDog likes this.
  10. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Answer here is that he's building chemistry with the main group, and learning the ins and outs of what they're doing. They probably see him as insurance if Anderson goes out for a prolonged stretch, and want him to get accustomed to their defensive schemes. Everybody always goes on about young players not getting minutes, and it's normally due to their team defense not being up to snuff. He may not be a strong individual defender, but if he learns what they're doing on defense, he may be able to be covered up like we do with Anderson being covered by Capela.

deb4rockets likes this.
  11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The strokejer watches and waits

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Is there a possibility Wiltjer is being shown the ropes because a Ryno trade is being discussed?

Say for example they're talking about Millsap for Ryno straight up. This would put us in need of some more spacing from the backup 4 spots. Dekker is doing well but you can tell his 3pt shot will need a year till he's hitting it with a shooter's confidence. Wiltjer might be needed for spot minutes sometimes.

I've been against this trade previously because I think Anderson's spacing has greater value than what shows up in his individual stats. But I wonder if Morey is thinking - when will another chance to grab an All Star come along? Can Millsap keep our winning % steady by substituting the deficit in 3pt% with defense, passing and inside scoring? Maybe it's ok to drop 2-3 spots on offense if we can move up 5-6 steps on defense?

How would this team look if we did Millsap + Dunleavy for Ryno + KJ + Ennis + our 2017 1st?

Not sure if it's a good idea, but interesting nonetheless.

Just a random, baseless thought.

Rashmon likes this.
  13. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Pretty good seats he's getting courtside to the games. Assuming we're not making him pay for those.
    He reminds me of a work experience kid.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

His jeans are nasty. looks like he picked them up at a garage sale or Good will. He needs some $$$

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

My guess is that they want him to be practicing with the actual team, but he's not ready for real NBA actin yet.

saleem likes this.
  16. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

they are preparing to trade him with dekker and harrell

17. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

These are some expensive jeans, dude. Don't kid yourself.

DonKnock and Ramo$e like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

19. No Chill Rocket

Can you do that in an NBA game tho bro? And don't mind some of the guys here , I actually like your jeans

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Leave him alone....thats how the rich stay rich. Learn something. This is the type of baller i want on my squad not concern with fashion and the latest buzz i really think this kid can ball. I know hes thin, and hasnt played but seeing his college hightlights and in game jumper he look like a legit Scott Padgett or Boki Nachbar type roleplayer.

Really excited about him and Qi Zhou.

5 yrs ago i would be pissed. The game has changed. If we had Yao now??!!! And let him play his game, the face up game, the only he had when he first came over, maybe let him shoot some threes and strecth the floor. Probably wouldnt have got hurt so much down there.

Point being....players like Prozingis can now have a chance as soon as they come in.