1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LeBron James Demands A "F*cking Playmaker" After Loss To Pelicans

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jan 24, 2017.

1. BackdoorHarden

Dekkers to the Cavs after the horrible things he said to Harden tonight

J Sizzle likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...liers-owner-dan-gilbert-odds-payroll-spending

3. JonRetro

JonRetro Contributing Member

wtf.. this small market has spent all the dam money on players for lebron and now he's complaining?? jeez i wish we had a kyrie or a klove on our roster.. complaining about depth.. REALLY?! lebron wants klove (coulda just kept wiggins), wanted tristan and jr to get those ridiculous contracts. hey anything you want king..

4. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

I want to see this thread

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[​IMG]

#85 zeeshan2, Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  6. JonathanK

JonathanK Member

What's crazy about that list is the Spurs. I am stunned they've spent that much. I guess due to Steph's contract, that's why the Warriors are so low. CRAZY.

7. hakeemthagreat

This guy is a CRYBABY. He already has 2 Olympic players on the same team & one of the best shooters in Kover. Dude stfu and play better. I've never liked Lebron bc I always thought he was more of a diva than true alpha, and this is more proof.The guy takes all the credit when they win but blames others when they lose.

freemaniam likes this.
  8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I dont think you remember "AKEEM" Olajuwon... :) And Kobe never made diva tantrums and demands? Kobe RAN OFF the best big man and talents. Thats a bad example. Jordan RETIRED from the league, thats as "rest days" as you can get. Superstars are self-absorbed and cocky, especially when it comes to their legacy.

I agree with Lebron on minutes. He's being smart and real about physical wear. ONLY players can speak for themselves on that.

I do agree with you he's being whiney about playmakers and spending more money. Thats overreaching into GM's job

9. spysta

spysta Member

I don't get how this got lost in translation, he wants a player other than Kyrie or himself that can initiate the offense and run their sets. The same way that Dellavedova did last year. Dellavedova signed a 10 mill a year contract with the Bucks and was never replaced. There isn't 1 true point guard on that roster.

I don't know how it turned in to Lebron wants Carmelo...............

Nook likes this.
  10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

And yet when the Warriors win in the finals it will all be LeBron's fault, no mention of his 2 Olympic teammates whose expectations are only raised when trying to **** on LeBron.

oogie boogie likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LeBron isn't wrong in them needing another playmaker or improving bench depth as it relates to a long playoffs/finals run. But going public isn't going to make it easier for the Cavs GM to extract good value in a trade.

The question I have that is independent of the playmaker, is what happened to the Cavs DEFENSE? Isn't that the big problem?
    And where is the "coach's" responsibility here in not evolving a half court offense to take advantage of their 3 stars, stagger rotations and limit the minutes on LBJ for the long haul?

Shouldn't we be looking some at Ty Lue here to figure out some of these player personnel issues?

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Garnett:
    LeBron James' comments were surprising. When you're a champion, you take on what the year is giving you. The year will have ups & downs. You gotta know you're getting everyone's best. Nothing will be perfect. Through those ups & downs is when you learn about everyone.

When champions go through this, we deal with it in the locker room. We're not talking to the media. You deal with each other. You know who's getting us out of this? Each other. No one is coming through this door. Take care of it right now.

(On Rondo/Bulls situation) Whatever goes on with the team needs to stay in the locker room. If you want results, I go to you as a player & say my concerns & we work towards a solution. I'm not coming out here to talk to the mic & media.

Chuck:
    LeBron's comments were inappropriate, whiny, all the above. The Cavs have given him everything he wanted. Highest payroll in NBA history. He wanted Smith, Shumpert, they paid them. Brought in Korver. He's the best player in the world. Does he want all the good players? Does he not want to compete? To try & hold anything over Dan Gilbert's head ... I love all these punk ass reporters on TV who are afraid to call out LeBron. The notion he needs all the best players on his team ... he wants everyone? He doesn't want to compete? He wants to be the favorite all the time? It pisses me off a guy that great doesn't want to compete.

Kenny:
    Comments were inappropriate. It's like a guy who has a Lamborghini, a Bentley & Ferrari but I need an everyday car. We can't understand that perspective. I'm sorry. You have 3 of the biggest/best cars in the world. We can't have sympathy for you. You are LeBron James, the best player in the world with top heavy tools. No sympathy.

Shaq:
    His comments were inappropriate. Chuck, don't ever say he doesn't want to compete. Does he need all the good players on his team to win? Yes. Inappropriate because he could have went upstairs. Nothing wrong with wanting more. It takes more than Love/Irving to win a championship. They need more. It's only inappropriate because he went to the media. Don't ever say he doesn't want to compete.

Chuck:
    He has plenty of help.

Kenny:
    What Durant did was not ordinary. That doesn't happen in our lifetime. A guy who was up 3-1 and about to go to the NBA Finals goes to the team that beats him. You can't compare that. LeBron is the best player in the world, most difficult to guard. No sympathy for you. When you announce it to the media, you are looking for sympathy.

Chuck:
    If LeBron is able to beat GS or San Antonio, his legacy will go through the roof. The Cavs have the highest payroll in the NBA. This ain't 7-11, you go in and buy anything. They're trying. They got lucky getting Kyle Korver. They're paying $40M-$50M in taxes.

Kenny:
    If they were under the cap, they might have a point. Highest paid team in the NBA? You have no leg to stand on when you make that comment. You have no movable income & parts because you are the highest paid team.

Shaq:
    He should have had that conversation with Dan. They need better players.

#93 J.R., Jan 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Easy and freemaniam like this.
  14. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Thanks for the excerpt but I must say that you are the indeed the root cause of the problem in Cavs right now. ;)

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

rockets #20? unacceptable. we need to be top 5

macho87 likes this.
  16. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

haha. Chuck is always good for a laugh.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

So, the highest paid player in the league, playing on the team with the highest payroll in the league, is complaining that the owner won't spend.

Wow.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. LAM

LAM Member

I hope he's saving all the hundreds of millions he's earned, cuz after he's done playing, he'll get about as many calls to play GM as much as Kobe. ZERO. The only reason they let him backc on court is to do a sports drink commercial.

You're the playmaker, jackass!

el gnomo likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

A rare time where I thought Chuck, Kenny, and Shaq pretty much summed it up.

LeBron is obviously great but he should be embarrassed by this

20. hvic

hvic Member

Cry me a river