1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Return of the center

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by YaoMing#1, Jan 20, 2017.

1. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

There hasn't been a rookie lead a team to the playoffs as the best player on the team since Lebron and even he didn't get there till his 2nd season.

And Yao led houston to the playoffs his first year I believe and forsure his 2nd year.

Embiid is 7-1 in the last 8 games he's played and he's not even allowed to play 30 min. He also is a plus 12 for the season when he's on the court and when he's off the team is -240.

So yes there is good bigs.

Jokic since being inserted into the starting lineup is not only putting up great numbers but the nuggets have won some games.

If the knicks would just give the team to Porzingas they would take off. Carmelo and more so rose are holding him back. Rose doesn't even want to pass him the ball.

Towns has his team competing and in almost every game in the 4Th quarter they just can't close out because there so young.

These guys are not just putting up numbers there contributing to wining in a big way.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I just don't buy that why does a center have to play like the guys from the 80s-90s and early 2000s?

They can't evolve?

How is Joel Embiid not a center?

He's 7'2 and 280lbs the guy would have been a great center prospect in any era.

Porzingis is not a typical center I agree but at 7'3 with his mobility foot work and shooting touch he can do it all from the mow post all the way to the three point line and he's one of the better rim protectors.

I watched him d up milsap on the perimeter force him to take a step back long 2 he still blocked it to Jennings who raced up the court jacked a three missed it and porzingis ran down the the court caught the ball off the rim and slammed it back home.

These young bigs are studs especially Embiid and porzingis, those guys have legit top 5-10 player in the NBA potential.

I just think fans should give these guys some love there really talented and deserve to be called centers.

Lets not act like bill Russell and wilt chamberlain weren't going up against guys 6'8 or smaller and not athletic but then down play on these young centers for having the ability to play on the perimeter as well as down low.

Every era is different but it shouldn't be held against them because they look and play differently.

And I'm sure Embiid porzingis towns would have had no problem playing in any era because they have that kind of talent.

DMO (DJ remix) likes this.
  3. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

I get them confused also although one is a shooter the other not first name beginning with J as well as last names starting with N for both throw me off

4. DMO (DJ remix)

I completely agree with you dude, some people are living in the era's they grew up, and that's fine, but the game has evolved, if the guy can shoot from the distance doesn't mean his not a C.

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think Yao Ming would be shooting 3s if he was still playing today.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Will any of those teams make the playoffs? Age of centers is done.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

PorziƆgis doesn't play center. Embiid only plays 25mpg. Center hasn't returned.

NEXT.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I actually think that the two most loaded positions in the league right now are PG and C. It's wild.

9. bongman

bongman Member

TNT guys actually talked about this. The way the game has evolved (bigs shooting 3's), Kenny Smith suggested that bigs are now required to be able to guard the 3 point shot. If you can't guard that too, you might not get playing time.