1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverely: "Upmost Disrespect"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheresTheDagger, Dec 27, 2016.

1. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Disagree. If someone were to say something disrespectful about my wife and children, I would have some choice words for them that could lead to a confrontation.

Not to be a tough guy, but hey you don't talk **** about a man's family to their face and not expect a reaction.

It's not a matter of "insecurity"

2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

It's pretty much an unwritten rule in sports that you never disrespect another players spouse and kids. That's some bush league bullshit and the Mavs were doing that to the Rockets pretty much from the opening tip. They're a dirty team and poor sports because they suck at basketball so the only thing they can result to is taking cheap shots to try and injure Harden, Anderson and talking **** about Ariza's family. The Mavs have truly hit rock bottom, they need months and months of counselling after what the Rockets did to them. @Batman Jones needs to stick em all in Arkham Asylum.

3. photojoe

photojoe Member

If this happened against Phoenix or Minnesota or LA Lakers then yeah I would agree. They suck and I don't care about them.

But against the Mavericks, for me personally at least, it's different. And I will do my best to make sure that all of my friends that are Mavericks fans not forget that we swept them and they are terrible.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  4. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Won't expect anything less than this from the Mavs.

5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Ya, it is. Everyone in the league now knows what to say to Arriza to get him out of a game, and he's made it pretty clear that it will work. And other Rockets, like Beverly, have made it pretty clear that they'll jump over the edge with him. The NBA has changed, and not all teams will do this...but some will, and probably in games that matter.

Harden's reaction was much better. Lit them up afterwards, and said something quietly to Bogut when he walked by him.

So, I guess not a matter of 'insecurity'. A matter of understanding what is important, and how to react. Arriza didn't have to do nothing, he could have brought it up in the post game press conference. Heading to the other team's locker room is just stupid, and selfish.

6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

You know this...how? I was about 6 rows up, right behind the Rockets bench, and couldn't hear anything anyone said.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not that he'd say otherwise...

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL you make it sound like calling someone's family member a b1thch is some smart and cool strategy that will work ONLY on Ariza (you can't even spell the mans name right). That will get anyone with balls to wait outside the

someone does that to your family and you cry to the media?

what's selfish about it? don't get it?

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you know more than Pbev, the rockets team, and league officials?

10. Tha_Dude

Bogut is a dirty player man. He freaking laid Harden out with a move that you see NFL linebackers do while acting on a blind side. He could have seriously injured our star player, if you were 6 rows up then you should have seen this. Bogut stepped into his block on Harden and knocked his ass down. If you watch the replay you can clearly see Bogut step into this block, which was clearly intended to cause harm.

The refs in this game were content with letting Dallas get away with taking out their frustration on the Rockets for the first 3 quarters. They let them use us as punching bags, man. WTF!! I don't care what words were said but whatever happened to good sportmanship and stuff man?

Bogut is filth, and he's going to seriously hurt someone if the NBA doesn't step in and start fining him for this crap.

#170 Tha_Dude, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  11. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Bogut is the dirtiest screener ever. I hope the Warriors realize that was the #1 thing they lost, the very best screener for Klay and Curry. Secondly, rim protection. Third, excellent passing from him.

I've never seen someone get away with so many filthy screens. He's significantly worse than KG at this, like a whole other level.

12. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

First Take on the incident

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Probably written by a PR rep...

Tha_Dude likes this.
  14. Garner

Garner Member

First Take is a miserable show.

34to11, Richie_Rich, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  15. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Idk who this white guy is..

But fucc him and his caping for this equine trash!

adw and Hakeemtheking like this.
  16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

someone needs to tell the poster that goes by updawg that his name is all wrong and that its supposed to be utdawg

Kim, AroundTheWorld, BigMaloe and 4 others like this.
  17. Tha_Dude

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Newsflash: Harden was reportedly one of the teammates that went with Ariza to the Mavs' locker room after the game.

As for "everyone in the league now knows what to say..."? That's one of the dumbest strategies you can deploy and, judging by what happened last night and the team that used said "strategy", it further proves that point.

19. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That white dude on First Take was just being moronic. Wasted 2 minutes of my life listening to this crap.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

BTW, don't we always disrespect players' wives? Just saying. :p