1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Popovich doesn't watch game tapes of his opponents "except for the Rockets. Harden is ridiculous"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flamingdts, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Rocketeer4Life

Yup definitely some jedi mind games going on...

Jatman20 and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. dwert

dwert Member

All of those criticisms are not entirely false. Harden is already a great player, but he could get even better. More importantly, I want him to reduce the turnovers and be more impactful in the clutch situations. The reason why Harden sometimes receives more flak is because he's our superstar, thus the baseline expectation should be - and, in fact is - really high. Nobody blinks an eye even when he puts up near 30-15 performance like he did in the last Suns game, but imagine Gordon or Beverley had the same statline, this board would have exploded.

His defense is fine this year, just reduce the turnovers and be more clutch, and MVP is yours Harden. I don't think these are unreasonable things to ask.

DudeWah, Cashmoney and Wylo like this.
  3. Mr Chuck Norris

Sticky this. Especially for posters like the guy above me.

RCPM, BigMaloe, Tha_Dude and 5 others like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Was it pop that called some scrub a superstar before a playoff series to get him to shoot more?

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Essentially be the best player in NBA history or people are going to b****.

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

7. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

8. dwert

dwert Member

Is being dead last in the clutch situations among elite players and asking to not turnover the ball 7 to 8 times a game same as asking Harden to be the best player in NBA history?

DudeWah and hakeem94 like this.
  9. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

If you are going to go through the trouble and follow through with this nonsense, at least get the numbers right. Makes complete sense that a guy averages 5.4 turnovers but is able to turn it over "7 to 8 times a game". Guy is that good; his game transcends math.

BigMaloe, DonKnock and RocketWalta like this.
  10. dwert

dwert Member

I'm not talking about his averages. I'm talking about when Harden turns the ball over like crazy mad man from time to time. 5 a game I can actually live with, anything more than that is problematic.

11. threepointshot3

You'r continues Harden bashing is off the chart. Enough already. Every thread regarding Harden you spew you'r hate. You must one of those YOF/LOF's ?

12. threepointshot3

Yeah because Harden is a scrub...

TAB likes this.
  13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Do you make it your mission to go to every single thread Harden related to criticize his shortcomings?

I mean, you already complained about not having enough Harden criticism thread, and said it was unfair for others to criticize you for your opinion on Harden.

There is a time and place for everything and you really don't need to go on your holy crusade so often. Let this thread be about how highly Popovich speaks of the Rockets and Harden and not another thread about why you are the most objective Rocket fan ever.

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Do you understand how averages work? It doesn't mean he has exactly 5 turnovers every game, it means sometimes he has 7, sometimes he has 2.

It's like saying "I can live with harden scoring 30 points, but it's problematic that he sometimes only scores 20." (ignoring that he scores 40 in other games)

15. dwert

dwert Member

Harden leading the league in 7+ turnover games this season with 11. Absolute disaster in the clutch, too. I guess to the homers, Harden is playing the perfect basketball and there is no room for improvement whatsoever, not even a tiny bit.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Everyone can be better

Harden has proven to be very clutch in the past and has made some big plays this year already.

The Warriors game he was making great passes to set up his teamates.

The wolves game he assisted on the final two threes to send it to OT and then scored the first 7 point in OT.

But

The rockets are 22-8 have won 16 of the last 19 games have been top 5 Oj both offense and defense. At some point we should all be happy and enjoy it.

It's kind of nitpicking when the Rockets prior to the Spurs loss were tied with GS for best record of the last 15 games and had a better offensive and defensive rating than the Warriors.

I want and I do think harden can be better but he's already really good maybe even the best player in the NBA for sure top 3 with Lebron and KD.

BigMaloe, Patience and hakeem94 like this.
  17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The average day of dwert and his friends:

"Hey I like the new Star Wars movie it was enjoyable"

dwert - "Stop being biased, the movie has a lot of shortcomings and it is far from the best movie in the world"

"But.. I know it isn't the best movie, I just want to enjoy it"

dwert - "No you silly homer, I guess you think the movie has no room for improvement whatsoever. Plot holes, and a complete disaster of an actress. Yup, no room for improvement".

"I didn't say that, nobody said that. The topic of discussion is just about appreciating it"

dwert - "The movie was complete trash, and you are biased for liking it. If only you were as enlightened and intelligent as me, then you would see it."

And thus, began dwert's journey to self-enlightenment. What will dwert do next? Will he journey to someone's funeral to tell the deceased's family how terrible their dead child was? Will he tell girl scouts that their cookies are beyond trash? Will he go to kindergartens to criticize children's macaroni paintings?

Find out more on clutchfans.

18. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You realize your post history is easily searchable, right? I only scrolled through the first two pages, but every single post you have is bashing Harden. All of them. Every one.

DudeWah, Deuce, Richie_Rich and 8 others like this.
  19. dwert

dwert Member

dyslexia much?

20. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

It's like a racist who says I don't hate Black or Hispanic or Asians, but nonetheless they are all scum of the earth.That is how Dwert operates. Harden is great, but no in reality I hate his guts and my life mission is to bash him even if it means fabricating things up.

D-rock likes this.