1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Atlanta wins game without Dwight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jayfree, Dec 20, 2016.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

To break up all the Capela and trade talks... Dwight sat out tonight and Atl finally broke their losing ways and overcame a 46 point performance by Westbrook. Yeah it's OKC and not the Dubs or Spurs but interesting how he sits out and they magically find a way to win a game.

And yes I am aware they beat Toronto the other night with Dwight having a good game but again, isn't it nice to talk about something else for a change?

Without Dwight Atl is 2-0. The watch has started

2. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

One game sample

Bornz likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

They are 13-14 with him. He has Pretty much made everyone worse on that team

ShutURBiG! likes this.
  4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You are some salty ass fans. Just move on. He was the only big time fa to come here we got a wc finals with him. Let's be glad for that.

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

atlanta was a playoff team before dwight, now they're a lottery team. #thedwighteffect

HardenTime likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Sweet, two years after this to look forward to!

7. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

amen. this is kind of a pointless thread. Just move on and wish him the best. It's not like he didn't try his best with us. we don't wanna be them salty LA fans now do we? I swear they still can't let it go.

roslolian and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He quit on the Rockets, he admitted it.. Great run to the WCF, but never forget.. I won't.

Extra sodium in my posts when relating to Dwight.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When things got tough, and the team needed him the most, he quit. Pass the salt.

DikembeOlajuwan and macho GRANDE like this.
  10. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

hmm not saying it didn't happen but when did he admit it again? All I can remember is him saying it's hard when he doesn't get touches or something. To my memory, even he got 9 fga a game, he still played hard, rebounded, and tried to defend.

roslolian likes this.
  11. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

if you're referring to the entire season last year, I'd hardly pin it on him. Everyone was bad last year.

roslolian likes this.
  12. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

In all honesty, I really like Dwight as a player. He was a man-child when he came into the league and he's a beast in terms of his combined strength and athleticism now. The thing is that I feel that he just doesn't always know what people expect of him and I really believe that his heart is always in the right place, but he just never seems to understand that physical talent of his stature can be invaluable without him needing to be the skill guy. I was a fan of his when he was in Orlando, and I still am now. Thank you for everything that you did and that you wanted to do with the Rockets, Dwight Howard.

13. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

And miraculously all of those same players (except Brewer) were good this year now that Dwight is gone. I wonder what the problem was?

DikembeOlajuwan likes this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder how things would have worked had Howard just embraces the DeAndre Jordan and Clint Capela role of rolling hard and catching lobs instead of trying to be Hakeem Olajuwon.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bullets are fired.

Little drama in Georgia Town.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sure people should get over it but when Dwight basically admitted on national TV to quitting on the Rockets, he fell to Scottie Pippen level in my book.

Pile on all you want gentlmen and enjoy the buyers remorse in Atlanta.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He admitted it during his media tour bashing the Rockets and James Harden. He told the TNT crew that he quit on the team because he wasn't getting his touches.

#17 DreamShook, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    DikembeOlajuwan and macho GRANDE like this.
  18. J Hard

J Hard Member

Preach to these little tampon boys. Majority of houston fans arent classy tbh. Then get mad when we dont get respect

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

lol to those of your Lakers fan wanna be and trashing a guy without even watching the game.

Even in the recent losing streak of the Hawks, Dwight in most games of he played are putting up monster rebounding numbers while getting very few chances to touch the ball, many of his shots were coming from offensive rebounds and put backs.

And here you are, trashing him without even watching the way he played at all.

Memo to your asshats, just be thankful that Bazemore turned down the begging from the "Rockets Legends", otherwise you are probably the one whose whining right now.

20. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Are you guys all referring to the 14 minute "intervention" with Charles and Kenny? I've watched it three times now and the closest to "admitting he quit on the team" was him saying he made mistakes that took himself out of games (I'm assuming dumb fouls, getting frustrated, etc.). Yeah, he admitted throughout the season that he didn't get his touches and it was hard for him to get engaged offensively because of that, but even though he wasn't happy about that, he actually assumed his role to what Capela does for us now ... rebound, catch lobs, alter/block shots, and struggle with free throws lol. And he did it pretty decently (check his stats).

All I'm saying is that I think there's a difference between "quitting on the team" versus making dumb mistakes that cost your team. In the end, it's whatever. If you wanna hate, go for it. It just irks me that someone would get satisfaction at any hint of another person's shortcomings. Don't be like LA fans. Be the Rockets fan that sticks with our team through the thick and thin and supports those who move on from us.

roslolian likes this.