1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amazon Go

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

meh, this is a marginal improvement in efficiency over self-checkout I guess

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I remember when they were rumored to put out something like this, it's cool to see it in video form now.

3. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

I'd definitely shop there if the prices are comparable to other grocery stores. We finally tried Sam's Club's Scan & Go app and it was awesome to not have to wait in the busy checkout lines Sunday morning. We scanned all the items as we loaded the cart and paid on our way out.

4. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I order all of my non-perishable from Amazon Pantry, and am dying for a perishable home delivery that is comparable to shopping in-store.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This is better than self checkout lines. Half the time, you have idiots that can't scan a barcode.

RedRedemption and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Amazon Prime Now has delivery from Sprouts in DFW, but honestly I tried it once and they didn't deliver 85% of my groceries.... I got my money back but I was disheartened to try them again. Hoping Amazon GO pops up here and is more successful than Pokemon Go (ba dum tsss). No but seriously, I would like for a grubhub like grocery service to exist.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I had no idea this existed, but it sounds great. Costco needs to get this ASAP.

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

guilty as charged, those things intimidate me for some reason

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not gonna lie I kind of enjoy my solo trips to the grocery store. Gives me a little me time + I can use it to get even more me time, something like "hey I deserve some video game time because I just picked out and planned all our groceries/meals for the week"

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

We bought a company earlier this year that does this. I believe we will be testing it in a few Louisiana markets then bringing it to Texas. But it'll be a long time before we are in DFW. Sorry brah.

11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Randall's offers home delivery now. We saw one of their home delivery trucks in the neighborhood last week. It looks like they require a minimum purchase amount plus a delivery fee.

12. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

We were shocked that nobody else was using the app! You would definitely know it since it makes that checkout scanner beep after each barcode is scanned (100% accurate so far). It's nice that the app keeps a running total so you're not surprised like we usually are upon checking out the old fashioned way!

13. hvic

hvic Member

I bet they will have there first store in Seattle. awesome idea

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Sigh, guess I'll just have to move back down to the H.

15. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Yeah, unfortunately they don't deliver to where I live (Sharpstown).

16. Nook

Nook Member

My condolences.

ramotadab likes this.
  17. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Instacart?

Svpernaut likes this.
  18. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I just hope they are good about refunds when you're overcharged for an item you didn't buy. How are they going to prove you didnt leave the store with it?

Does that mean I have to stop and check my receipt before I leave? If so, that's not Just Go.

20. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

It's interesting. People at grocery stores put stuff back all the time, but in the wrong place. I don't want this chicken any more? Let me leave it by the cereal. I wonder if it'll detect that case and take it off your bill, or if you have to put it back in the right spot. Honestly, if it still billed you because you put it back in the wrong spot, I'm OK with that because you shouldn't be a wanker.