1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon The second Playmaker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Oct 29, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

No idea why this guy didn't get more shots tonight..

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well he was really struggling in the first half, and then Harden started finding him with some majestic passes and it was almost like we just ran out of time to really close the gap.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

EGo the second vice admiral playmaker, second of the second in command

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Spurs can only give you so much, you have to make them all, or a very good percentage. He did alright.

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

As a third option why don't we go to Anderson in the post? I saw something that said he was like 1.08 points per post possession and that was like top ten by bigs.

6. crenshaw

crenshaw Member

last night was awesome, wished we could've completed the comeback. We played like a$$ in the first half, especially gordon. hopefully he can stay hot and ryan finds his shot again. I see gordon averaging 17-19ppg if he keeps staying aggressive.

7. Junebball

Junebball Member

The mist surprisingly aspect of his game is defense. For the longest, atleast here in CF, he has carried a label of all O no D guy. His defense has been semi-elite to elite

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Small sample size in my eyes

Seems Gordon as the primary scoring option/playmaker isn't as good. Gordon as #2 scorer NEXT to Harden or another primary playmaker, he's better.

I've been wanting Gordon off the bench. Don't want a dropoff of play there. But really don't have a choice but to keep him anchoring that 2nd unit. Would like to start games good but if he can finish them well with Harden that's still a good thing

9. PhiSlammaJamma

He also plays with poor body language, as when he fails on a drive, he's always throwing his hands up like it wasn't his fault and he can't believe it, pained face, but it was. There's no way he can change that now. But it shows and I honestly believe it effects his play as well as his teammates.

#69 PhiSlammaJamma, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  10. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Yes. I agree. The negative complaining body language can be contagious.

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Why do people keep saying Gordon is a creator or distributor? Averaging 2 APG. Has been assisted on >65% of his 2PA (~5 per game) and >85% of his 3PA (~7.5 per game). You all appear to be hyping yourself up on what you want to be the truth rather than what actually is the truth.

He's a good 3 point shooter - that's what he can be counted on to do. I like him playing with Harden. He's not going to come close to filling Harden's role when Harden sits, and Morey should have known that.

#71 oakdogg, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  12. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

FYI, I think it'd be great if we could get Ramon Sessions to fill in for Harden, as I have stated. Creates for others, creates for himself, gets to the line. His lack of shooting does not matter in this role. Better fit than Gordon for that Harden role when he sits IMO.

13. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I like the pAssion tbh

DonKnock likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

From an offensive standpoint, Eric Gordon is everything Rockets fans have been hoping for as a backcourt mate next to Harden. Someone who can drive into the paint, be a dead eye three point shooter both from screens and spotting up, and be a secondary ball handler/distributor for the team.

DonKnock and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  15. BAM

BAM Member

gordon was a steal this offseason
    way better than wasting 20mil on anderson

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

This bad mothereffer kept us in the game when the Blazers were threatening to pull away with the benches in. Made up for that awful Raptors game.

don grahamleone and DonKnock like this.
  17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

One of the best off season acquisitions in the league

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

And factor in that he's actually been a plus defender for us he's even. Ore ideal next to harden.

Gordon for 13mil a year was an absolute steal and if he can stay healthy he's a very good third option and a championship team.

PhiSlamma15 and FANfrom86toNow like this.
  19. Drogba

Drogba Member

If only he could finish at the rim.

20. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

With Bev back it allows Gordon to look for his shot more as the primary scorer off the bench. When bev was injured Gordon was splitting his role between being a passer and looking for his shot. Now he he looks fantastic as a guy looking to score and score heavily

DonKnock likes this.