1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Karbach selling out to AB.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xenon, Nov 3, 2016.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Don't let the war-machine tell you what to get wasted on you fascist ****s.

Corporate beer is genocide. Don't drink a bottle of hate-crime and tell me it's fair-trade hops and eco-friendly containers.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  2. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Those six pack holders are kind of the norm now for canned 6 packs. Just hold the can down on the counter and lift off the top so the can doesn't move. If you do try to pull a beer off while in your hands like the old ones it jerks and shakes up the beer inside.

I am disappointed they are getting bought out but I will still drink their beer. I just probably will lean more towards 8th Wonder or St. Arnolds next time I am picking up a 6 pack or ordering at a bar. I will also be much more aware at any kind of change in quality and flavor. I also have been trying to avoid drinking so much beer so this may be a good thing for me.

3. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

This seemed to be the direction Karbach was headed from the beginning. They wanted to be big. Now they will be.
    There are plenty of (much better, in my opinion) Texas options to choose from at this point.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't want to be an anti-corporate kneejerker but this phrase from the AB-Inbev press release:

It also has a Seasonal Lineup including award-winning Karbachtoberfest, that has captured the fun, outdoor loving spirit of Texas beer aficionados.

caused me to detach both retinae due to extreme eye-rolling.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

There's not really a way to square this as a net positive unless you just absolutely LOVE Karbach and it is hard for you to find it in stores.

AB-InBev is basically the biggest anti-microbrewing entity on the planet. So... people who supported Karbach as a micro have a full right to be pissed about this.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

[​IMG]

BRASH Brewery is my Lord and Master now.

[​IMG]

HeWhoIsLunchbox and SamFisher like this.
  7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Never really liked Karbach but congrats to them

8. dmoneybangbang

This move is probably more about distribution but still sad to see.

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Haymerchant is selling them for $1 a pint to get rid of it.

vinsensual likes this.
  10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

So is Underbelly, his other place.

Pints for $1, Cans for $1.50 and 22 oz for $3.00 (You can take them home as well). Growlers for $6.00. Once gone the beer will no longer be served in either establishment. lulz

vinsensual likes this.
  11. LonghornFan

At Hay Merchant right now. Channel 11 is here and the place is packed . Nobody mad just love cheap beer. Eye candy is horrible though. If anyone stops by, I'm about the only guy here who doesn't weigh 3 bills.

12. dmoneybangbang

Nevermind, it'll be part of their "high-end product line" that includes Stella and ShockTop. Oh well.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You're a pansexual dynamo.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

seriously dude f*** Karbach I mean honestly like they're just really stupid I do not like the direction that this company goes with. They really just make very stupid decisions with these social media twats fresh out of college coming up with these cutesy little cleavage Belle and Sebastian horse s*** f****** cutesy Zooey Deschanel f****** f****** s*** face looking cute see black haired pixie cut b**** f****** dick Sympathy For The Lager was that stupid s*** why don't you just call it Achy Breaky IPA horse f******

15. LonghornFan

Yeah I worded that **** wrong. I came back to read and thought Ziggy posted that. I'm just gonna go spit some money back into pinball to erase the embarrassment.

16. LonghornFan

Lulz, Stella and ShockTop "high end" . Guess they're chasing after the burbs of highway 6 clientele.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Noooooooooo! My favorite local brewery. :(

RasaqBoi likes this.
  18. cdrive

I just cracked tha F up! Lololol

19. cdrive

Got some Hopston and Burried Hatchet tonight. The Hatchet goes great with the kit kats I'm stealing from my kid's Halloween pile.

Karbach wasn't that great anyways. Bye, gurl, bye.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Everybody is getting upset, Who the fack cares. Besides their hellfighter, Karbach was just average run of the mill craft beers. Nothing special. Their beers were just easy to drink, kind-of-all-day-beers. Im not gonna get mad at someone(s) getting money. Shieet, If I offered any of yall 1000 bucks for your homebrew still fermenting in your carboy, who would say no?