1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Corey Brewer has to go.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Oct 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. FeaR

FeaR Member

Exactly. It was Brewer or nothing.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Are you serious? lol

Air Canada likes this.
  3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I didn''t realize that. Thanks for enlightening me. Still, I hope we can all agree that few, if any, predicted Brewer would be this bad at the time of the signing, so we can't really blame Morey for not seeing it either

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

pugsly8422 and Air Canada like this.
  5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Not sure what I'm reading in this thread however, if anyone has some type of connection to JB and McHale then they have to go or should've left a long time ago - this includes Sewer.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

We keep signing these ****ing Brewer's who can't shoot for **** in a system that relies heavily on shooting.

First Ronnie Brewer and now his brother Corey Sewer

Corey is not even worth an expired bag of Doritos which even Keith Jones and Mauri would gladly accept at this point despite their voracious appetite for greasy buffets.

Air Canada likes this.
  7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

That doesn't mean anything. Half the scrubs in the NBA have their career highs against the Rockets. This season we will continue to ask, gee, I wonder which 5ppg scrub will drop 25 against the Rockets.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

my money's on bennett. he's on the nets and its open season for nets players buffing up their careet stats. what better way to show the world he's not the worst first round bust then to drop 30 vs the rockets? ariza will bve too busy guarding 4 players. harrel will be too busy rotting on the bench. call me crazy but bennett's gonna get one of those monster cba contracts cuz of houston.

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'd even rather have your schtick around here than Brewer's....

10. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Brew is good at getting out a running the fast break, that is how he got his 51 point game. Guys like McHale love that **** and D'antoni is not far behind. The problem is that Brew is playing 25 or more minutes a game when he is a 14 minutes or less guy (is that worth 7 million?). If he were to be used right, it would be solely to change the tempo of the game, which he does well. The hate should be focused on the coaches, not Brewer. The guy does the best he can with what he has. He's like a greyhound. Not a real grey hound but one of those small Italian greyhounds.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I get ticked off just seeing his ugly ass face.

12. hvic

hvic Member

Brewer is the glue for this team

Jontro likes this.
  13. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

Being a veteran, I'm not going to hold this preseason against him. Having that said, he has been absolutely awful.

14. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

If he gets 14 minutes of less a game I'd be happy. Anymore is a travesty.

15. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Just reading this makes me hate JBB more... He just doesn't get it.

16. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

And by glue you mean hydrofluoric acid

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Look, Morey did the right thing by Corey Brewer in giving him a contract. Maybe he wanted to tamp down some of the predatory press we've been getting, who knows? Brewer had lots of good moments when he was playing for the contract (even if he always did look like a "ferret on 10 espressos" [SR 790]), and Morey was trying to keep Our Gang together (Spanky, Alfalfa, Stymie, Buckwheat, Corey Brewer) and go replicate the success of 2014-15.

Obviously all that went over like a fresh turd in a punch bowl. Now we have to find a sucker out there who'll take his contract. Not so easy.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So you're an internet tough guy eh?

Listen up brah, I ain't your average Joe. I've let you slide in the past but if you wanna c*m at me, let's take this offline.

Jontro likes this.
  19. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

lol. c*m.

You gotta be the thinnest skinned troll ever. I didn't even go low brow, hell that was barely derogatory. You wanna like, throw fisticuffs with someone you don't even know. You don't know if I'm a black belt. You don't know if I'm some psycho that would tell you to meet somewhere and then just rob you or pick you off with a rifle. You don't know if you just threatened a kid or someone with disabilities. You don't know if I'm some roided out monster man.

Schtick with it man, I think you're hilarious.

Mazulis, Rox>Mavs and Jontro like this.
  20. Jontro

Jontro Member

Corey Brewer has to go turn the corner