1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump 2016: Yes. We. Can.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Honey Bear, Aug 5, 2015.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yeah everything Trump says are "just words folks". Trump literally hasn't done **** for Americans. Hillary has worked in government passing laws for over 20 years.

2. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You're not answering my question:

What did Bill Clinton do that was worse?

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He obviously married Hillary literally Hitler Rodham

4. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Had an affair and received a BJ in the oval office.. then going and lie under oath, then slandered the poor girl and basically went on to ruin her life

#8504 Realjad, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  5. Realjad

Not necessarily. You can use other factors to base your opinion.

BIll Clinton paid these women to shut up. TO me that's a big red flag.

Trump didn't and won't, in fact he plans on doing the opposite and sue'ing them.

6. Realjad

What laws other than these 3 did she sponsor and which has her name on them?

• S. 1241: A bill to establish the Kate Mullany National Historic Site in the State of New York. Bush signed the bill Dec. 3, 2004.

• S. 3613: A bill to name a post office the "Major George Quamo Post Office Building." Bush signed the bill Oct. 6, 2006.
    • S. 3145: A bill to designate a highway in New York as the Timothy J. Russert highway. Bush signed the bill July 23, 2008.
    She has broken more laws than laws she has sponsored.

Pathetic

seriously

PATHETIC

I choose Trump and his 'words'

#8506 Realjad, Oct 22, 2016
  7. dandorotik

First of all, adultery is not a crime. Otherwise, if you're going to "indict" Bill Clinton for having an affair, then you have to do the same for Donald Trump.

Regarding Lewinsky:

As a result of the scandal, Lewinsky gained worldwide celebrity status; she subsequently engaged in a variety of ventures including designing a line of handbags under her name, being an advertising spokesperson for a diet plan, working as a television personality, and then leaving the public spotlight to pursue a master's degree in psychology in London.

Sounds like ruin to me. Actually, she did have to go through an extreme amount of scrutiny and scorn. And the source of that was all Linda Tripp, who recorded their conversation without her consent. Bill Clinton's mistake was that he lied under oath. No excuse for that.

So, if you say you're basing your opinion that what Bill Clinton did for the one thing he was found guilty of, lying under oath, is worse than what Donald Trump has been accused of, that's fair.

But if you're saying that Clinton's affair was wrong, you have to say Donald Trump's affair was wrong. If you're saying you believe Bill Clinton's accusers, then you have to believe Trump's accusers. Otherwise, you're just being biased and you should just admit that what's fair for your guy is not fair for the other guy. At least be honest.

#8507 dandorotik, Oct 22, 2016
  8. Realjad

It took Monica many years to get over the shaming the Clintons and others did, she has been open about that.

and again, no I don't.

As I previously mentioned. You can use other factors to base your opinion.

BIll Clinton paid these women to shut up. TO me that's a big red flag.
    Hillary Clinton was immediately defensive and basically called these women sluts and whores. She showed horrible temperament that screamed insecurity, as if deep down she knew it was the truth but denied it. That is another red flag

Trump didn't and won't, in fact he plans on doing the opposite and sue'ing them.
    Melania has shown great temperament

9. dandorotik

Anyone that says Clinton hasn't accomplished anything is just being purposefully evasive or ignorant. Heck, I can easily cite multiple achievements from Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, George W. Bush, or any number of Republican politicians. Just because you're not happy b/c your guy is going to lose doesn't mean you have to be a silly partisan puppet.

You don’t have to like Hillary Clinton or her ideas. I get it. She’s a Democrat, a progressive (in most eyes), and conservatives don’t like that. However, you cannot say she does not have any accomplishments. Here are just a few:

These are not all of her accomplishments. Her activism on behalf of women a children across the world is renowned. Her activism for raising the minimum wage and combating climate change is stellar. You do not have to support what she does or stands for. But do not say she doesn’t have any accomplishments. The conservatives who say this are the ones who are pushing for Ted Cruz – who brought on a $24 billion shut down. That, to them, is an accomplishment?

Yes, Hillary Clinton has accomplishments. You don’t have to like them, but they do, in fact, exist.

http://addictinginfo.org/2015/04/13...lishments-so-quit-saying-she-doesnt-have-any/

10. dandorotik

Yes, clearly Monica Lewinsky was very angry at Hillary Clinton:

“I really feel the worst about what this has done to my family and friends. And then I think second to that would be Chelsea and Mrs. Clinton, and I do feel bad about my part in how the country has had to deal with this. I made a lot of mistakes. I mean, that’s probably a bipartisan issue. Everybody in the world would agree on that.”

http://time.com/91173/monica-lewinsky-bill-clinton-affair/

11. Realjad

Like Trump says. She gets NOTHING done

these 3 laws are the only laws with her name on them:
    • S. 1241: A bill to establish the Kate Mullany National Historic Site in the State of New York. Bush signed the bill Dec. 3, 2004.

• S. 3613: A bill to name a post office the "Major George Quamo Post Office Building." Bush signed the bill Oct. 6, 2006.
    • S. 3145: A bill to designate a highway in New York as the Timothy J. Russert highway. Bush signed the bill July 23, 2008.
    Atleast the 3 laws are substantial.. I mean seriously we need that Kate Mullany National Historic site

and highway names are so important

12. dandorotik

Bill Clinton never paid anyone he had an affair with to keep quiet.

13. dandorotik

So, you chose to completely ignore the list I presented. Got it.

14. Realjad

I don't care how she 'helped' do this or that. That stuff is debatable. I can be an executive producer for a movie by donating to kickstarter.

I care about what she really did. What she SPONSORED. What she presented, not what she rooted for, but what she actually did.

and what she did was create 3 laws that are completely irrelevant.

15. Realjad

Ok. I guess he didn't pay Paula Jones $850,000

I mean.. he did

but for this very moment in which I'm typing this, I'm going to jump into your make believe world where he didn't pay her $850,000

16. dandorotik

Let's be real. You're completely partisan and therefore, everything you say has to be taken with a grain of salt. This is what happens with partisans. They'll say everything Obama did is bad, or that he did nothing, and they'll say everything Bush did is good, or that he accomplished a great deal. They'll say everything Reagan did was awful, and that Bill Clinton was the perfect President. You can't trust those people to be honest b/c when you look at the records objectively, you'll see accomplishments and failures on both sides. You might see more of one than the other, but the superlative all good vs. all bad is ridiculous and quite frankly an insult to intelligence. Occasionally, you'll have a President who ranks extremely high due to his deeds, but even in those cases, it can be matters of circumstance (e.g. if Ronald Reagan was President during the Civil War, or Bill Clinton, I'd guess they probably would have acted similar to Lincoln, based on what we know about them and their record of decisions).

But, your opinion is your right- power to you. We who support Clinton are already prepared for 4 years of endless criticism regarding everything she does, b/c we've had to deal with it regarding Obama, but thankfully we know that historians will more than likely paint the true picture.

This is what Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin and their ilk don't get- they truly believe that their 100% slanted opinion of Obama's legacy is going to be how he is remembered. Sad.

17. dandorotik

Yes, he paid one person- Paula Jones- $850,000. And admitted no wrongdoing. I'm not sure you understand how settlements work. You do realize that Donald Trump has had many settlements in which he admitted no wrongdoing, but settled out of convenience, right? Do you question Trump on these settlements? Do you presume Donald Trump was guilty in all these cases?

Again, if you are to believe Clinton's settlement makes him guilty, then you have to apply the same to Trump. Do you want me to present the list of settlements Donald Trump has made? I don't think you wanna go there- because it's going to be a really long list compared to Clinton. There are at least 13 I can think of right now- and in every case, he admitted to zero wrongdoing.

Just like Clinton.

18. Realjad

I think Reagan did ok, but a lot of stuff I didn't like either.

Both Bushes, Clinton and Obama have been absolute trash

I had high hopes for Obama. But dude is a fraud.

Obama's legacy will be as one of the great communicators of our time, but one of the worst presidents in American history

19. Realjad

I'm ok with Trumps settlements compared to the other side.

Clintons was over sexual harassment

and Hillary slandering a 12 year old who was raped and laughing about getting the rapist off with a reduced charge fails in comparison to ever single one of Trumps settlements

I want the current electoral paradigm to be dismantled, Trump does that. It's really the only hope for future elections.

20. dandorotik

You see, you can make this real easy and admit that you think Bill Clinton and Donald Trump are womanizers, cheats, liars, and guilty of the sexual assault of which they are accused.

In which case, maybe I'll agree with you. And I'll then agree not to vote for either one of them.

On the other hand, no matter what Bill and Donald did, we cannot hold their wives responsible for their bad behavior- I am sure you are all about personal responsibility, so let's put the blame where it is- on Bill and Donald.

And in that light, I'd be more than happy to vote for either Melania Trump or Hillary Clinton.