1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remember the Trump event in Chicago that was shut down by "protesters"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Oct 17, 2016.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Politifacts is biased. Snopes is biased.

The only true facts are the ones that come out of conspiracy theorists, I mean Trump supporters mouths!

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The media's silent on this story is more indication that the media is corrupt.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since O'Keefe is a criminal and known fraud who's produced fraudulent videos making claims before, the media would be fools to give him any publicity until they can see the complete and unedited footage. If that was released, there might be something about which to talk. Right now, we have a video from a known fraud and criminal in O'Keefe.

In fact O'Keefe himself was arrested on conspiracy to commit voter fraud.

5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Oh yes.. Lets watch O'Keefe in all his glory try and commit voter fraud

I wouldn't say he really 'tried' persay... he could have pulled it off if he really wanted to

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

This is bad news for Al Gore

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's a convicted criminal, and made his fame for fraudulent videos paraded out as something they weren't. Posting videos of him doesn't help prove anything. The words by the people in the initial video are potentially disturbing. But because of the source we have no idea about them. If I saw complete and unedited footage, there might be something worth investigating.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

9. Nook

Nook Member

It is late, I have the flu and haven't slept.... but I don't see anything criminal or really unethical in that video. Protest groups ARE well organized often and traditionally have had ties to political groups. The riots in Milwaukee for example were largely fanned by special interest groups from Chicago.

So wearing a Planned Parenthood shirt or claiming Trump sucks is sufficient get a reaction of violence out of the crowd and that justifies the crowds response? The purpose of protesting IS to get a response.... be it getting the police to turn the hose on you in Birmingham or waiving a banner in front of Walker.

Also, what the hell do you think the "predator" heckles at Hillary Clinton were? A single unorganized person that did it on the whim? What about the heckles of Bill Clinton at rallies, from the first row?

Protests are organized and funded and used to get a reaction from the crowd that is excessive.

The level of nativity by some in this thread is grin worthy.

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So much wrong in this post. Protesting is not inciting violence. That's just called inciting violence.

11. Nook

Nook Member

Protesting IS inciting a response by it's very nature.

The "fault" lies with the person/group that responds with violence... not someone wearing a Planned Parenthood shirt or an elderly lady heckling a politician in the front row.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the crybabies here should pay more attention to their candidate undermining democracy in this country than propaganda videos.

These alt-right posters are so off the rail its getting to the Iraqi minister of disinformation level.

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Funny how you brought iraq. This kind of things you saw in that video is the sort of corruption you see from government of iraq in other 3rd world countries. Hiring mentally ill and homeless people to shut down rallies. Am I living in Iran?

14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This video is the real deal. AUFC just fired one the guy in this video.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oh, well then. RL has vouched for it's authenticity. It must be true then.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I understand being skeptical of O'Keefe, but I believe the basic premise of the story. Political parties use plants to cause havoc at opposition events. The guys getting punched at Trump rallies were probably hoping for it. The guys who get beat up by some BLM protesters because he's wearing a Trump shirt were probably hoping for it. Probably too many voters are falling for the trick, and probably the media hasn't done a good enough job getting people wise to the tricks. My only beef with this video is that O'Keefe wants to make out like this is just a Clinton thing -- that she somehow built this whole protest industry herself. And, as a partisan himself, he's using his expose to just try to manipulate people in the other direction.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I talked to Donald Segretti and he thinks these guys are amateurs.

rimrocker likes this.
  18. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Even if this is possibly edited, I can't really understand how you could take anything said in the video not at it's literal context. The footage and what was said in the conversations seemed fairly straightforward, and there wasn't much that gave me the notion this was "edited" footage imo.

Who knows though, it's possible.

I'm just doubtful.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I tend to agree. But, given the transgressions of this same guy in the past, I think it's fair to (a) be skeptical because we know he's willing to do unethical things, and/or (b) require more transparency as punishment for his past unethical tricks. His journalism 'credit score' is pretty low right now. How much credibility do you want to lend him, knowing he has defaulted in the past?