1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Microsoft Edge has a better video playback quality than Chrome

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Oct 11, 2016.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Eh. Bing isn't bad. I actually prefer it for video search.

2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm pro Google, but benchmarks are showing that Edge could gain some ground in use since it is faster than Chrome, this is even true on Google's own octane benchmark (which they use for benching browsers): http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2493880,00.asp

MS needs to get more features and bug releases, but this could help them a lot vs what ie became. Competition is a good thing :)

3. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

How's the video quality compare on the windows 10 netflix app? has anyone done a comparison. Wondering if I should watch on the edge browser or app

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Anyone else having trouble loading nba.com's new page? I can't seem to load the scroll bar in Chrome, but it works in Edge

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

I always run into trouble with the Netflix app, but i put up with it since it gives me surround sound in DD+ while i can't get it through Edge even though i remember it was advertised as the first browser with surround sound. Maybe i'm doing something wrong or need to download some codec?

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He's been shilling Edge for months lmfao.
    I agree that its a very good browser. I also use it for Netflix, but I'm not out here shilling for it. Nor do I have some weird animosity towards Google and Chrome.

They are just web browsers. People need to chill with the brand loyalty.

7. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Agreed. Over all, I much prefer searching for everything but videos on google. I like how Bing plays right in the browser with out loading youtube.com etc.

Although , I only use it at work since that's the default.....

8. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I thought IE was just a tool to help download Google Chrome?

RedRedemption likes this.