1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I agree with this entirely. So nice I would have liked it twice.

BJ is an idiot. It isn't analytics that has the entire league passing on his player; it's that he's unproven and just got done failing a physical causing a rescinded trade.

4.4 million is fair for an unproven player that we've carried for years, waiting for him to contribute. He had one good season and got injured in that one too.

If he'll show his value on the court the Rockets will be the first team to offer him a huge contract. They want him here and they want him to play well and they want to keep him. Only BJ is standing in the way.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

BJ is not to blame. DMO'S value went down when Detroit rescinded that trade due to not passing their physical. The Rockets tried to bump his value up by immediately putting him on the court. Unfortunately, he was not the same player, thus the reason why his minutes were so inconsistent. You can not blame BJ for that and you most definitely can't blame him for teams not wanting to take chance on Dmo. The man just need to prove himself this year. If he plays solid and that back holds up, some team will pay the man.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

DMo is a rotation player in this league. Bigs develop more slowly than guards. In three years I expect him to be a max player in the league that overpays.

So, how to end the impasse? If the offer of 2/16 is correct w/the 2nd year unguaranteed - - and acceptable if 2nd year guaranteed - - then effect a compromise. Attainable incentives to guarantee Year II.

Get a deal, DMo and DM the GM. BJA (not to be confused w/our friend BJ) needs to work a win - win for all.

4. FeaR

FeaR Member

It has nothing to do with his development, he has been developed well but he is injury prone and he will always be. He will never see Max money, maybe after a good season someone will pay him 45/3 or 60/4. If he doesn't sign, i would love to keep witjler and trade Montrezl. Maybe we can find a big for depth.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

wow what did I just read lol

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, well broken Parsons is making silly money... So if DMo doesn't get too healthy he can probably go make near max for the 76ers/griz... That is if the QO year he plays a few more good games than the 14/15 year. Obviously if he gets healthy and is as good as some posters think (Anthony Davis apparently).. Then sure Max away (highly doubtful). But eventually some posters are going to have to get realistic if he doesn't get on the court and prove otherwise from Detroit mess.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Which one of y'all is jones9515 on Instagram? :D

• jones9515You let BJ talk you into a bonehead move @donatas_motiejunas . Sign the tender, play one year, and then cash in. Everyone but your agent knows that. Now @houstonrockets will probably lower the offer. What do they care. Regardless of your talent, you are labeled as a risk. Fire your agent, reconcile with the Rockets, and play basketball.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Tyler Zeller's contract (2yrs 16M with only 8M guaranteed) and coming off injury Festus Ezili (2yr 15M with only 8.4M guaranteed) are the templates for a DMo contract in my mind.

opticon and Vivi like this.
  9. opticon

opticon Member

PREACH

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would think that a 3 year version of those deals would probably be about what he's looking for.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, I am sure DMo is looking for that 3 year. Keep in mind in those cases it really is just ONE year guaranteed. Second year is unguaranteed.

Perhaps BJ shopped DMo to other teams asking for a 3 year deal and NO TEAM was willing to do that. And here we are.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was under the impression that a deal to an RFA had to be 3 years, that's why I was saying a 3 year version. Anyway, I'm sure it'll all get worked out eventually.

13. mockster

mockster Member

I wonder how much his back issues play into this. Was very odd pistons denied the trade

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I would say quite high.

15. Fantasma Negro

Kyle Wiltjer is killing DMo's leverage

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

DMo doesn't have a whole lot of leverage to begin with, and it doesn't seem like his agent understands that either.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - let's just see what happens, I expected him to sign the QO too - but sometimes holding out works, so you just never know....I mean we traded Beasley, and what happens if Anderson gets hurt? DMo's value suddenly goes up.....what happens if another team loses their starting PF? DMo's value goes up....

This is negotiations, I am surprised that many folks don't realize the business side......I know we are all emotional about the Rockets, but we have no control here, it will be what it will be.....

DD

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Exactly why Dmo has no leverage b/c he has to have something outside of himself happen to effect his value. When it comes to this it's nothing to do with Dmo the player or the red flags he possesses, it's what if this and that happens that he has no control over. That should tell you enough. His value is at rock bottom right now. This "business side" talk you keep eluding to is going to keep Dmo from a productive year (assuming he will have one) the longer this drags on and until he realizes the time thats been wasted.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not that Dmo has any but Wiltjer is pretty much a MDA system player, especially with Harden. A very good 3 pt shooter with high bball IQ. A very fundamental player

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: Ezeli was a UFA when he signed with Portland. GSW rescinded his rights to make room for Durant. Zeller signed with his incumbent team. So, neither of them signed an offer sheet under the 2yr contract minimum restrictions (not counting option years). I'm not sure if non-guaranteed years are a legal loop-hole around the 2yr minimum offer sheet or not. Do you know? I'm just reporting that neither player was subject to the 2yr rule.