1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hear me out. Chris Bosh?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Fantasma Negro

Absolutely not, blood clots ain't nothing to play with, and they keep forming in his lungs. The only basketball he should be playing is pop-a-shot at Chucky Cheese with his kids

2. Fantasma Negro

Absolutely not, blood clots ain't nothing to play with, and they keep forming in his lungs. The only basketball he should be playing is pop-a-shot at Chucky Cheese with his kids

3. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Agreed. Bosh also would get into some trouble here in Houston. The Midtown bath houses are a sight to behold. And the "talent" at these bath houses is very up to par. Some of the biggest hunks you can find. Bosh would be very distracted and it would affect his game immensely.

4. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I believe with a Great nutritionist Chris bosh can easily return to basketball. The issue is so many people rely on meds which create more problems than they solve.

5. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

The doctor said I had blood clots but I aint Jamaican man... I got dreads though. Through the wire, Kanye West

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

If he passes physical sure.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

It's sad really, this guy is done and he's the only one who doesn't know it. He's made a ton of money, a couple of rings, and most importantly a beautiful family. It's the drug of the money, fame, and competition. When is enough, enough? Bosh should choose his health and life with his family over the NBA.

8. CertifiedTroll

It's probably love of the game. At this point basketball is all he knows and has made him what he is. None the less, he needs move on.

9. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

Just ignore what Bosh says, he has 9 digits to lose so he's gonna say he's superman and he's immortal and whatever else it takes not to lose hundred freakin million of dollars! In my book he retired with Kobe, TD and KG.

10. joeson332

joeson332 Member

It could work but imagine if it didnt?

CertifiedTroll likes this.
  11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It would depend on what my own team doctors tell me. As I recall, Dream was diagnosed with blood clots and had to take Blood Thinners. After initially thinking his season and possibly his career was over, he ended up winning 2 NBA Championships. Remembering that, I will not play doctor in this case. That being said, we don't have an available player to trade that would match his salary in a trade.

12. connorg3

connorg3 New Member

Look, I take Xarelto (Same one Bosh takes) and have so for years. I was cleared annually in the freaking military. The majority of people who bleed out from blood thinners tend to be the elderly or someone who suffers severe internal bleeding away from a medical facility, which I had more of a chance of. There is only a 2% recurrence rate annually of blood clot related medical issues after anticoagulants are started. He's not going to die from a blood clot on the court, or likely in general. Understandably, the NBA likely has higher standards than elsewhere. Him getting an official clearance through a 3rd part physician would seem to be the prudent path to clearing this all up.

I know it may seem like Pat Riley would want to increase his value to trade him. However, there is no way he can increase it enough to get back something as substantial as what the 20 mil this summer would be worth to a free agent. He did this to D wade already, and he's doing it to Bosh. I have long considered Riley one of the slimiest bastards in the NBA, just a vibe i get. Not sure where the NBAPA is in all of this. Think they would have stepped in by now.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If he passes the test then why not. We have nothing close to Bosh at PF

14. PhiSlammaJamma

You can't magically wish this away. Athletes are at more risk than military due to the contact, risk of injury, flying, and dehydration. While he would probably be ok, the risk is real. And the Rockets aren't so bad off at PF. Ryan Anderson does some things better than Bosh. We're not likely to win anything with Bosh so why do it anyway. We need a bigger fish. At least with Anderson we might outshoot a few teams.

15. TheresTheDagger

THIS^^^

16. Garner

Garner Member

For those of you who think Bosh is a viable option, why?

Read the medical reports of what is actually going on and explain to me how that fits into our team at the price he will command.

To think that this is a viable option is the saddest, most typical homer forum topic imaginable. smh.

17. Houston22

Houston22 Member

I am sorry I tried to hear you out

18. mockster

mockster Member

Did this really happen

Well it appears bosh will be cut so I think a semi cheap contract would make sense for an unknown player outcome

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The only way it would work here is if D-mo is gone.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agree.