1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Charlotte Riots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Sep 21, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

your existence is promoting idiocy. Please don't reproduce for the sake of universe.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Trump hate parade and it's little hate mongers.

What's wrong with you dude? Like, seriously.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's basically the Trump supporter version of you.

okierock likes this.
  4. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Left meet right....

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

Your childish insults show who really shouldn't reproduce just like that fool on the video.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Officer Slager's testimony on the stand. There is video at the link.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...spaghetti-when-he-shot-walter-scott/94610152/
    Officer's 'mind was like spaghetti' when he shot Walter Scott

An emotional former North Charleston police officer told a mesmerized South Carolina courtroom Tuesday he feared for his life when he fatally shot an unarmed black man at a traffic stop last year, a tragedy that reignited Black Lives Matter protests across the nation.

The officer, Michael Slager, who is white, testified he pursued Walter Scott on foot after Scott fled the traffic stop. Slager said they scuffled and that Scott wrested away Slager's Taser. Slager said Scott was charging at him when he pulled his gun and fired.

"I saw that Taser coming at me. I knew I was in trouble," a teary Slager said. "I knew I would be overpowered."

Video from the scene shows the Taser on the ground when Slager begins shooting. But Slager, who is charged with murder, said he did not see it that way the day of the tragedy.

"My mind was like spaghetti," Slager testified.
    The fatal confrontation began when Slager pulled over Scott's 1991 Mercedes for a broken tail light. A bystander's cellphone video, which went viral in the days after the encounter, begins seconds before Slager starts shooting and shows Scott fleeing from Slager, who fires eight shots. Scott, 50, was hit three times in the back, once in the buttocks and once on the ear.

Prosecutor Bruce DuRant pressed Slager on his state of mind, suggesting Slager was angry and not afraid when he shot Scott. Defense lawyer Andy Savage tried to dismiss DuRant's line of questioning, asking Slager if he was in a good mood on April 4, 2015, the day the shooting took place. Slager, 35, said he was upbeat before the shooting because the next day was Easter Sunday and he was scheduled to have three days off.

"After April 4th it's been a roller coaster," he said. "I've been destroyed by this. The Scott family has been destroyed by this. It's horrible."

Slager was fired from the force and charged with murder within days of the release of the cellphone video. If convicted, he could face life in prison.

Slager, who has been free since January on $500,000 bond, said some of his jail time was spent in a cell next to Dylann Roof. Roof is accused of a shooting rampage in June 2015 that killed nine African American worshippers at a historically black Charleston church.

Slager is also awaiting trial in federal court, charged with violating Scott's rights, obstruction of justice and a gun violation. The city of North Charleston agreed to pay a $6.5 million settlement to the Scott family.

Dairy Ashford likes this.