1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Watt Possibly Out For Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by moestavern19, Sep 27, 2016.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The more I think about this, the more I think we'll be okay. Watt may be the best player on our team, but he doesn't really play a position that the outcome of every game depends on like QB, RB or WR1.

Even if we assume 16 sacks this year, we will only miss 1 sack per game. I just can't imagine that 1 less sack per game is going to make that much of a difference.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

over/under 5.

3. Mashing

Mashing Member

Since when did Bleacher Report have any credibility? Honest question, they seem to get slammed on the GARM all the time.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He also had some of the highest snaps counts on defense of any player. And played some offense too.

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

His impact was significantly greater than just sacks; he dictated how an offense stopped him, which opened lanes for other players to make plays, not to mention, his versatility provided RAC the opportunity to mix and match and create mis-matches all along the front 7.

They may be OK - but they are a worse team today than they were yesterday.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yeah they should have limited his snap count in the last three games. I was over here wondering why was they playing him so much. Especially knowing the possibility was greater with him re-injuring his back. They also knew teams will game plan to prevent him from wrecking havoc out there.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Do i really have to defend that? I thought it was obvious i was comparing it to the contact in football..

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Watt came back under what pros described as a best case scenario...what was it 8 weeks? Even if he was given an extra week based on his progress it was still ahead of what most guys need. Players have said they needed the 12 weeks that's usually recommended..some have said they thought they needed more time.

We know he passed the physical, sure...so i guess that gets the med staff off the hook, technically...but what does that say about the physical itself? Not complete enough. That has to change.

My problem is, if people who watch these guys for a living knew Watt didn't look healthy since the first game, how does the coaching staff not see it? They had to..and Rick Smith too.. So why keep quiet, why not sit him? My guess is they didn't want to piss off Saint JJ..That's the only logical reason and i get it..you never want the superstar to be upset at the coaches or FO...but this was the best player on your team..possibly best ever in team's history, so who cares if he gets upset, when it's obvious he's rushing? Maybe he loses his streak, but he'll get over that. On top of that, they didn't limit his snaps enough...so i blame the FO and coaches in the end. They had the last say and blew it .

what i found interesting last night was Arian's brother tweeting this last night..it wasn't right after the JJ news, but soon enough where it could be related, the guy doesn't interact a ton on Twitter, so it's rare that he posts.. Maybe it's not related, but any reason that it could be? And was it directed at JJ or the team? The team i'd guess because he also liked this other tweet about the med staff's incompetence..

Y'all think he's just bitter bc it was the same staff who probably advised the FO to move on from Foster?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

As Arian sits out with more soft tissue injuries. :D

Abdul sitting here talking about karma.:rolleyes:

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Great job rushing him back Texans.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Like what Hey Now said, its the other non-sack plays where the Watt effect really is. Unlike no-stats players who give intangibles like Wilfork, Watt actually got measurable intangibles stats like tackles for loss, QB hits, QB hurries, batted passes, fumbles etc. Just stalling drives in a number of ways.

Not to mention getting double-teams opening things for others, and just basically causing a big headache in the MENTAL game for the opponent having to match his relentless energy.

STILL, the Texans D HAS shown flashes that its good with a gimpy Watt or without him. If Clowney plays at least 13 healthy games, itll look like a smarter pick as "Watt insurance" than if they drafted other players. Also other key players are coming back on offense and defense later on to offset what's going out.

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well unlike yourself, I'm not going to close my eyes and pretend that TNF didn't happen. It did and on Friday, I took the family out to dinner where the restaurant TVs were tuned to the NFL Network. I got to watch a room full of worthless Cows fans laugh it up at the Texans and they had every right to do so. Now before you go after me on this know that I grew up in Houston and have lived through decades of this soft of thing where pro football teams from Houston are virtually irrelevant in this state. It seems like in Houston, the more things change, the more they remain the same.

You want to drink the Battle Red koolaid and buy into whatever the Texans are selling then fine - you can do that. I'm perfectly OK with your feeling that way. But I simply ain't giving this organization any more free passes and when they **** up, I'm going to call them out on it. And this whole JJ Watt situation looks really bad for all involved because they don't have a good answer for why a guy 4 weeks removed from back surgery was out there on the field. From the start he was clearly not right nor ready yet nothing was done. I agree with Diehard Rocket that he shouldn't have played so many snaps to start the season and put on a snap count that gradually increased as the season progressed. Now he's lost on IR and like Mr. Clutch pointed out it's CYA time for the Texans organization. This whole affair really steams me because I was under the impression that this organization under BoB was different from the disappointing ones I've lived with for decades - that it was finally on the right path - that this was a different Houston sports team. Boy, was I ever wrong about that...

mdrowe00, tmactoyao and RasaqBoi like this.
  13. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Arian Foster's bro can suck a dick

Uprising and Rodman23 like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Just sitting back feeling like. . . .
    [​IMG]

Rocket River

Uprising and J.R. like this.
  15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn't feel so bad, if Osweiler was the stud QB we have been waiting for...

But it appears, not quite yet.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Give him some time. Right now he's gone against 2 of the best defenses in the NFL and has had WR's cost him multiple TD's and cause several interceptions due to their mistakes. He's made some mistakes, but overall he's been pretty good and getting to beat up on the Titans should show that.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Bro-Foster needs to shut his f'n face.

This sucks.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Every team has their share of embarrassing losses. It happens. Look at how the Steelers got their butts whipped by the Eagles. Can you imagine how the Rams, Jaguars, Titans Browns feel right about now. Shoots even the Chargers who tends to tease their fans early on then falls to the gutter in the second half of the season.

We will be alright once we build up some much needed chemistry on offense. Remember this is practically a new offense because of all the new young additions.

19. the shark

the shark Member

Donny go tell any player in the NBA, college, or high school that they play a non contact sport and they would laugh you out of the room.

20. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Agree.

Small note, the reason I'm more upset than usual, is the Patriots actually have a bad defense so far. Right there with the Bears. Good TEAM still especially at home. But it makes it WORSE that Texans couldn't move the ball.

Past that, agree the offense needs a little more time. And its that relief deep down that Texans are lucky to have soft teams in the division to sharpen up against.