1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2016-2017] Jeremy Lin as a Brooklyn Net

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jul 1, 2016.

1. MGC

MGC Member

Might be the best thread we have here this offseason. Can't wait for the season to start. :)

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

FTFY.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Your Brooklyn Nets....they ready!

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

The only one I know is Budinger.

Lol. Why would Lin come to this team, smh.
    I get it, bigger role and a coach from Linsanity era but come on, the Nets are trash.

5. mig0s

mig0s Member

Who are these people lmao they look like your local YMCA fathers team

6. hvic

hvic Member

D league players will look bigger and more athletic than these nets

7. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

No offence to Jeremy Lin as he is a serviceable baller but how can a role player have a such a huge thread dedicated to him?

8. mingthething

mingthething Member

If you live in America long enough, you know race is a factor in EVERYTHING.
    Jackie Robinson, Emmett Till, Vincent Chin, Terence Crutcher, Donald Trump and his wall, Rodney King, OJ..... I can go on and on.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Frankly I found it kind of ridiculous that a guy would rather start and get minutes easily than to be on a winning team. Kind of tells the story of Lin's career. Great guy, not very bright.

At this point in his career, any winner would have pursued a backup spot on a winning team and fought to improve and beat out players ahead of him IMO.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

JLin is in the prime of his career, this is not the time to be accepting back up roles if he believes he can start even if it's for a bad team. I mean he is getting paid, I can see his motivation. I'm no Lin apologist either, I just don't understand why you don't think he should pursue trying to lead his own team, even if it is a bad team.

11. mig0s

mig0s Member

No offense but you don't sound very bright yourself.
    Lin is only 28 years old, entering his prime. Would you rather start, play lots of minutes and prove yourself for a few years or play 20mins a game as a career backup?

12. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Or its entirely possible that he believes he can help make the Nets a winning team and wants the opportunity to prove it as he enters the prime of his career.

13. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

He went with the team that offered the most money and playing time. Sounds reasonable to me and I can't knock him for that.

Also with the unpredictable nature of the Eastern conference the Nets may go farther than projected. Who knows.

14. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Only when he's Jeremy Lin does some random internet poster thinks a 28-year-old in his prime player should not get the most money, should not start, and should be happy playing a backup role on a winning team and earning less than half the contract. Oh yeah ... that Jeremy Lin actually did that at 27 years old, which is what earned him his chance for a starting role and a $36m contract.

And that random internet poster thinks he's smarter than the Harvard guy

Mathloom ... probably great guy, not very bright poster.

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Mathloom, are you not very bright when it comes to math?

16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Not a chance in hell and he knows it.

17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I can knock him for that. It's not what a competitor would do. I know a good portion of NBA players would do the same, and Lin is no different. I also know the top NBA players were not that way before they got the their peak.

I UNDERSTAND his choice. But that choice means something, and it doesn't mean he cares more about winning than the average NBA player. Yet, he has been meddling around below average to average production. 20-30 minutes on a good team is not enough to prove you're excellent? Of course it is. But 48 minutes on the Nets is not going to prove anything for Lin.

That's fine. But he marketed it as wanting to find a stable home. The Nets are not a stable franchise right now, they are building from scratch. If he is starting for as many years as he's expecting, the GM will be under scrutiny for it. Think about that for a second.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Best place to check the Ignore feature. ;)

heypartner and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Are you that mad he got paid? I really don't understand your issue with him. Most players would rather get paid than contend if they are in the prime of their careers. Doesn't mean he does not have a competitive spirit, just means he has other priorities right now, like make the most money he can while he can. Not sure what's wrong with that.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The format is nicer, however the LOFs posts look like chicken poop.
    [​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.