1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

JJ Watt Possibly Out For Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by moestavern19, Sep 27, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well this is disappointing. I think I saw the play where it happened. Watt was going down and an OLineman hit him. Looked very similar to what cracked Romo's back. I remember when it happened cringing but nothing was made of it.

I was pretty negative on his prospects anyway after reading some comments made by an orthopedist. Now I think he's likely to be severely damaged going forward. I doubt we will ever have 100% JJ back and I don't imagine he plays out this contract unfortunately.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

OK, then we agree that basketball is a contact sport. There's not physical activity every time down the court because the guys like touching each other. Screens, fighting for position, boxing out, etc. are all integral to the game.

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

smdh

[​IMG][​IMG]

#164 Commodore, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  5. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't know if anyone deserves any blame at all. But, I would look at the doctors and medical staff first. It's their job to know if a player is fit to play. The player, the coaches, and the entire organization looks to the doctors to make these judgments.

Having said that, JJ may just have a bad back and he was going to re-injure his back no matter how long he waited. Tiger Woods is about to return to action after a long layoff and it wouldn't surprise me if he gets hurt again.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Well tiger woods is 40 so its kind of hard to compare, but why did they let JJ come back so fast. Its the medicals staffs job to protect the player from themselves.

I guess JJ deserves some of the blame too. He needs to stop trying to be this superman character.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

You guys seem to think the decision to play/not plat is a series of Q&As with the player... they go through a rigorous rehabilitation and then a thorough physical to determine health - if the player completes their rehabilitation and passes their physical then it becomes a matter of how the player feels, etc.

I can guarantee you JJ Watt completed his rehabilitation and passed his physical. If not, then the entire regime should be fired later today. And I'm not kidding.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

But they won't be. BoB is going to stand up there today and do his "grumpy" Belichick impression to the press and that will be that. Now, I'm just waiting to see what the official excuses will be when the Titans beat them because that's now a very real possibility.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Hey Now!

This seems personal; not sure what to tell you. You think they're going to lose now to the Titans because of JJ Watt? OK...

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

#171 J.R., Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  12. toycannon

toycannon Member

This is a big blow to the defense. Hard to replace an all-pro and the best player on the team.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He said they should be fired if Watt didn't rehab and pass his physical. Are you suggesting that Watt failed his physical and the coaching staff decided to play him anyway? That seems a little far-fetched......

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I expect the t*** to attempt to follow the game plan that the Pats used. The game will turn on just how well they can execute it. The Texans' defense couldn't stop the Pats' running game with Watt in there and I expect them to have real problems with DeMarco Murray and Co. After what I've seen from them so far, I am in the "believe it when I see it" camp especially when it comes to guys like Clowney making an impact in games. The attitude around here was that this game was an automatic W before yesterday but Watt's injury has narrowed the gap between them and the rest of the teams in the division. Anything is now possible.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

There are two ways you can look at this.

Texans defense just got better or Texans defense stays the same.

I think replacing Whitney Merciless with JJ Watt at JJ's 2016 state will actually be an upgrade. Whitney has been lighting it up when he has been allowed to man one side and rush the passer all game. I don't expect this one to hurt as bad as others do.
    Pessimist in me says this will be a lateral move.

I never liked Whitney rushing the middle as he is a big hands/leverage rusher who needs space.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. Hey Now!

Do you expect them to import the Patriots' coaches and players?

I mean, the Texans may very well lose the game - but that was true yesterday, as well. Losing a not fully healthy JJ Watt doesn't really move the bar that much. If it did, then you should be less upset about the Patriot loss...

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I expect them to use the same plan defensively. Cover 2 defense, dare them to run, and give them the middle of the field because apparently Brock in that direction