1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This team will never win anything with Brock Osweiler at QB!

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Snow Villiers, Mar 8, 2016.

1. StevieCrossover

Brock is schaub -1.0

2. StevieCrossover

But its only been a few games, not too worried.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Let's hope, as I'm guessing everyone here would happily sign up for 65%; 124 TDs; 78 INTs; 7.7 YPA: 90.9 QBr - and that includes his disastrous final season.

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well Brissett didn't even have one career start and he somehow managed to totally outplay Osweiler so all you are offering is (yet) another EXCUSE for him looking clueless out there. And you are NOT a rookie if this is your fifth year in the league.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Coaching plays a big part in that sir. Belichick is the master at getting the very best out of his new quarterback. He did it with Brady when he got his 1st start, Cassell, Garoppolo and now Brissett. He plays to their strengths, utilizes a lot of short routes to get them going and he understands the opposing team hasn't truly prepared.

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Lets not act like Brissett set the world on fire either. He was 11/19 103 Yards for 0 TD and 0 INT. NE could have probably got similar results from Edelman at QB with that game plan. He was just asked not to lose the game.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  7. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Just heard JJ Watt reinjured his back and could be out for the rest of the season.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Just stupid; he needs to get past staring down and going through his first read. I don't like that he will already predetermine where he wants to throw the ball no matter what the coverage is

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Wrong thread.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You're the man now dog.

12. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Maybe the Texans should fire Bill O Brian and hire Peyton Manning. Apparently Brock learned how to be a QB under his tutelage.

13. Hey Now!

He's a rookie, in terms of game action - unless you think sitting on the bench is somehow similar to actually playing in a game. Not to mention, he's in a new system.

As for Brissett, had the Texans not handed him three short fields, I'm not sure the Patriots would have scored a touchdown - he was wildly unimpressive.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

He was so unimpressive that he helped his team put 27 points on the board during his 1st ever NFL start. Meanwhile, the Texans' "rookie" QB (in his 5th year in the league) and whom they signed for $72M (with $37M guaranteed) managed to help his team put 0 points on the board. Now, I can accept losing to NE (after all they are the Patriots) but what I can't and won't accept is a bunch of feeble ass excuses for a QB who gets outplayed by a 3rd string QB making his first NFL start.

15. Hey Now!

Osweiler did not play well... but neither did Brissett. It's nonsensical to say Brissett "outplayed" him - he completed 11 passes for a 5.4 YPA. He barely threw for 100 yards. If we switch QBs, are you suggesting the Texans would have won or, at the very least, played better? That's absurd.

Turnovers killed the Texans. I didn't like the game plan - but I try to stay away from criticizing it too much because I don't know whatever it is they know and I'm not going to pretend I do. What I do know is that if you turn the ball over twice inside your own 25, on the road against a good team and tremendous coaching staff... you're going to lose that game 10 out of 10 times, nearly regardless of who your QB is, and how they play.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#436 zeeshan2, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  17. Hey Now!

Belichick is now 14-5 without Tom Brady. He's the greatest coach that ever lived; getting schooled by him on a short week, on the road... I mean, fans (at least one of them) are acting like the Browns outcoached and beat the Texans.

Is Bruce Arians a bad coach? Belichick coached circles around him with a QB making his first NFL start.....

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I could see Kubiak saying this. That's a good thing since Kubiak is a Super Bowl winning head coach.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Anyone remember when Aaron Rogers pimped Deandre Hopkins this offseason.

Better hope and pray Deandre isn't going anywhere in two years. He doesn't seem to be happy with the QB Play.

This man with an elite QB would put up >>>>>AB stats.